Bleeding Brakes after Replacing Caliper on 2024 Mustang GT

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have a new caliper on the way to replace a cosmetically damaged one. This is for a Performance Pack 2024 GT. Something got lodged in the wheel and scratched the Brembo logo.

Does the electronic brake system change anything when bleeding brakes on these newer Mustangs?
I have seen it said you need to put the vehicle into service mode because of the electronics.

I know I will need a brake pad spreader tool, any recommendations on this?

Also, I had planned to just get a couple of bottles of the factory brake fluid.

The caliper I'm changing is the Driver Front, which normally is the last to get bleed. I was planning on bleeding it first just to get fluid in it then start the bleed process over starting with the passenger rear and ending on the driver front.
Sponsored

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
I use a pressure bleeder, it makes things a lot easier because I'm solo when I do it. Brake pad spreader? Never needed one of those. Just take the cap off the master reservoir, rock the caliper a little side to side and it slides right off. not sure what the bleeding order is but back to front should be fine.

xcm77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claudiu
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2020
not sure what the bleeding order is but back to front should be fine.
Go from furthest away to closest (to the master cylinder). So RR, RL, FR, FL since the master cylinder's on the driver's side.

I also have one of those pressure bleeders since I also do it myself; works like a charm.
I know I will need a brake pad spreader tool, any recommendations on this?
For the front? nah, you don't need one. I don't even take the cap off of the master cylinder reservoir when replacing mine.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Bleed it as you would on a traditional car, what the S550 is.
You'll need to bleed the ABS module only if you replaced it or air entered within, and that's not your case.
On FDRS there is the procedure to bleed the module, if you need to. Not sure on Forscan.

I'll begin by first filling the caliper you replaced, then following the usual bleeding procedure, including the one you replaced.

Bob Lob Law

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium
Bleed it as you would on a traditional car, what the S550 is.
You'll need to bleed the ABS module only if you replaced it or air entered within, and that's not your case.
On FDRS there is the procedure to bleed the module, if you need to. Not sure on Forscan.

I'll begin by first filling the caliper you replaced, then following the usual bleeding procedure, including the one you replaced.
He doesn't have a S550, he has a S650. Not sure that actually makes a difference as I'm not sure anything has changed though.

Sponsored

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
He doesn't have a S550, he has a S650. Not sure that actually makes a difference as I'm not sure anything has changed though.
If that's the case, wrong forum.
The S650 have a brake by wire ECU....
Sponsored