Sponsored

Anyone use a Quickjack 5000SLX sideways?

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Long story short I installed SPL LCAs and tension arms and one of the mounting studs snapped on the passenger side when I sat in the car a couple of days later. The car is in my garage and the driver's side is against the wall (about 1.5 feet from the drywall). I am going to switch back to stock but I am quite worried that if I just lift the passenger side that the increased load on the driver's side will cause a stud to snap on that side and I am going to be completely screwed (for reference I already had a different stud snap on install so I have 0 faith in this set up). I have a Quickjack 5000 SLX and if I am able to arrange the rails transversely and lift away from the wall that should give me enough clearance from the wall to also get the driver's side back to stock. Quickjack says using the rails sideways is fine as long as there is a 50:50 weight distribution; the GT350 is apparently 54:46. So if you have any experience doing this please chime in. Thanks.
Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I have not done it on my S550 but have done it on two other cars over the past 4 to 5 years. I just made sure the jack was placed as far forward as I could get it. In bot cases it fit well just behind the froth wheels on their subframes.