loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP Grabber Yellow
Greetings.

I have the Ford Performance CAI with calibration kit and upgraded throttle body. Just bought a green filter for it and I'll admit I'm not a DIY guy but I thought what the heck and took a look to see if I could do it myself. It looks like the air filter (the "cone") is pretty well wedged in there and I'm now wondering if I have to take the housing off to replace the filter.

From my understanding it's the same filter that comes with the Mach1 and gt350. Was wondering if any of you have done this yourselves and if so, did you have to take the housing off (the piece that surrounds the air filter itself)?

Any help greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should only need to remove the filter. I don't think taking the entire intake assembly will get you any better access.

The filter likely has a rubber square along one edge that "points down." At least that is what I remember.

OP
OP

loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP Grabber Yellow
Thanks for your help! Yeah, I did notice the rubber square with the word "down" on it. I made sure it was pointing down. watched a YouTube video and get her done! 5 minutes total.
Sponsored