Sponsored

Acceleration Stutter or slipping transmission/ Oil separator and Warranty.

DietRegular

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Howdy all! I’m the owner of a 2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Automatic) with a little over 74,000 miles. The other day when i started it up, it started pretty rough but idled normally after a couple seconds. I pulled out of the lot i was in and when the car shifted into 4th going around 40mph, the car started jolting and stuttering to accelerate. I couldn’t push past even a quarter throttle because the stuttering would get worse as I applied more. It didn’t throw a check engine light until this morning when i started it to take it in to the dealership I have a warranty, it also started rough again. I have a J&L oil separator installed and when I first installed it none of the lines were kinked and it was fine. Before i left i popped my hood to take a look to see if anything looked wrong, and the line connected to the intake was slightly kinked. I’ve only had it installed for about a month i checked it about two and a half weeks ago and it barely had enough to cover the bottom of the can, so i’m 90% sure it’s not over filled.
I have several questions, first being, is that slight kink in my line connecting from the intake to the separator possibly causing this issue?
If so would this void my warranty?
Is there any significant damage that could be done to my engine?
Or Is this possibly a transmission issue?
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Howdy all! I’m the owner of a 2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Automatic) with a little over 74,000 miles. The other day when i started it up, it started pretty rough but idled normally after a couple seconds. I pulled out of the lot i was in and when the car shifted into 4th going around 40mph, the car started jolting and stuttering to accelerate. I couldn’t push past even a quarter throttle because the stuttering would get worse as I applied more. It didn’t throw a check engine light until this morning when i started it to take it in to the dealership I have a warranty, it also started rough again. I have a J&L oil separator installed and when I first installed it none of the lines were kinked and it was fine. Before i left i popped my hood to take a look to see if anything looked wrong, and the line connected to the intake was slightly kinked. I’ve only had it installed for about a month i checked it about two and a half weeks ago and it barely had enough to cover the bottom of the can, so i’m 90% sure it’s not over filled.
I have several questions, first being, is that slight kink in my line connecting from the intake to the separator possibly causing this issue? it's possible but not pprobable. Unkink it and see if it goes away.
If so would this void my warranty? Shouldn't unless they can show the mod caused it. Read your warranty for more information. Or ddisconnect/bypass it if you're concerned before you take it in.
Is there any significant damage that could be done to my engine? It's possible depending on what the DTCs say/are.
Or Is this possibly a transmission issue? Again, possible, what codes do you have?
Answers in red in your post above.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144