A few runs against my sons c7.

Mach Daddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
I’d agree with that. The GS is really that good Mach Daddy (drive one if you haven’t).

I love the C7 ZR1 and would love to have one. But if I were forced to choose one, I’d take the C7 GS over the ZR1. Probably the most well rounded Vette GM made (yes, even better than the vaunted C6 Z06. I said what I said). 🍿🍿
Only C7 I even drove was a Z06 when I had my supra. It was ok but nothing to write home about. But then again I only drove it on the streets normal, and a tuned supra and build quality of that lil BMW was just better to me.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'd definitely believe it, I've seen the performance from the sidelines, but I'm also obsessed with light weight. I had gotten my first 'fun' car(97 T/A) down to ~2900lbs with about 350whp and it was an absolute hoot. I've been broken ever since lol.

I am piecing together suspension pieces for my '22 now, just for the sake of improving the response and 'tightness' of it. In terms of the C6, how does the Mach feel? Tighter, the same but heavier, or something else?
Every generation of Corvette got heavier. I owned a C5 Z06 - traded my 2016 GT350 for it. I understand it's not exactly what you are asking, but I think I know this pretty well in general. Mustangs that are set up for handling have relatively stiff suspension. The car is high up off the ground, so body motions are more exaggerated. The C5 suspension is really soft and compliant, but the body motions are better controlled than the Mustang. The advantage is 600 lbs lighter weight and a much lower center of gravity.

The C5 'vette has a lot more weight in the rear due to the transaxle, so the tires get better grip. When the tires do start to slip, it's a lot more predicable and slower - easier to catch the car compared to a Mustang.

There are a lot of things I didn't like about the C5. Most of them I could have fixed over time, but I just didn't have enough headroom in that car. And I didn't see how any modifications would get me enough headroom.

I haven't driven C7s a lot, but to me they felt a lot heavier and more muscular than the C5. I would bet they are much safer than a C5 in a crash, but I didn't get the same lightweight feeling. And they still don't have much headroom. I'm a little tall at 6'4", so the headroom thing is probably not an issue for some people.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I think all this racing should be taken to the drag strip..... :) I love how the guys in my Corvette club bad mouthed the Mustangs and how the guys in the Mustang club bad mouthed the Corvettes. I always got the question which is faster, my Mustang or my Z06...guess what my response was? I don't know, since I can't race against myself and definitely not letting anyone else race me in my own car. Loved them both for what they do best.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I haven't read his other post......but he does make a good point. If you haven't driven your car aggressively in a mode that holds back the nannies, you may be in for a surprise. I don't know if you have or not based on your intital question. I will go out on a limb and say racing against anything on tires that aren't capable of handling the power is good way to loose a race. Most street races are conducted when one driver believes they have the advantage...if you know what I mean.

..nevermind, I just saw your replies to people's post. I take it back, you're not retarded. You're a retarded dick. 😀
Sponsored