Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
20210316_084217.jpg

Here's my sto-n-sho, as you can see, the bottom of the plate is just BARELY lower than the lip. At stock ride height, it's several inches off the ground. Zero chance of rubbing unless you drive into a curb directly.
That looked really good. Both this and the Craig's are excellent products. Folks just need to pick the one that best fits their needs. Or do what I did. Move to a state with no front plates.
Sponsored

Bandi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Two questions and issues:
  1. The plate will block the airflow as it is centered over the grill whereas the bumper mounted (drilled which I hate) does not do that
  2. The strength of the grill to be the only support
The way I have my license plate mounted now it does block some air, but I do not have adaptive cruise on my car and I haven't noticed any marginally increased temperatures will driving the car with spirit.

As far as bolting it to the grill, I just had to be careful not to scratch anything. It's been on the car since I bought it back in 2019, and after a lot of spirited driving, the grill isn't at risk of breaking or anything. The license plate isn't that heavy to cause any issues with the way it's mounted.

I simply refuse to drill holes in the front bumper. If I have to drill holes I'd rather it be on the underside of the chin spoiler where you can't see it unless you lift the car up.

Honestly, I'd rather not have to drill holes at all, but my state requires front license plates...

dsiggi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
So I'm not from a state that requires a front plate, but why couldn't you just go to one of those vinyl wrap shops and have them design something for the front that looks like the design of the plate, put your numbers on the design, and put the vinyl sticker center front of the car

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
So I'm not from a state that requires a front plate, but why couldn't you just go to one of those vinyl wrap shops and have them design something for the front that looks like the design of the plate, put your numbers on the design, and put the vinyl sticker center front of the car
Probably because is wouldn't be legal. Why go through all that bother and cost. Easier just to get a no drill mount.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
The only time I used a front tag I just used a small piece of 3M molding tape behind the tag. Then just flossed it off when didn’t need it anymore. No holes, scratches, or special brackets.
Sponsored