Not open for further replies.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
This is for 2014 or earlier and based on responses on ChallengerTalk. Manual is turning at 1600 RPM at 70 mph.. Auto is at 2050 or so.. I'm guessing that if the auto didn't have MDS, it would be less efficient than the manual at freeway speeds.
I'm not doubting that, but it's a "4 cylinder". The V6 does better, it's not an efficient system, does it work, yes, not that well. The '15's have 8 speeds and MDS, the improvement is not impressive.

8 speeds, MDS to match the 3.73 equipped GT PP manual. Let's see these line up at a stop light, I know where I'm putting my money.

Yes, your point has been made, MDS works, enough that I never want to see it on my Mustang. If I wanted four cylinder economy I would buy and Eco or apparently a V6 Challenger.
Sponsored

ChefBorOzzy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I'm not doubting that, but it's a "4 cylinder". The V6 does better, it's not an efficient system, does it work, yes, not that well. The '15's have 8 speeds and MDS, the improvement is not impressive.

8 speeds, MDS to match the 3.73 equipped GT PP manual. Let's see these line up at a stop light, I know where I'm putting my money.

Yes, your point has been made, MDS works, enough that I never want to see it on my Mustang. If I wanted four cylinder economy I would buy and Eco or apparently a V6 Challenger.
MDS probably adds 3 MPG on the freeway or so and as a percentage I don't think it's bad. The car is a lot heavier than the Mustang and I think it's obvious it won't get the same MPG.

6 speed is SRT8 Challenger is rated at 14-23 while the Mustang is 15-25. Considering how much bigger (heavier) it is, it's not that bad.

The SRT8 with the auto I think may actually be quicker and trap higher than the Mustang with the manual and PP. SRT8 pulls pretty damn hard especially for the weight it carries. We'll just have to wait and see. Either way, I think it'll be close.

If I were buying the Challenger, I'd go with the manual. Same thing goes for the Stang.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
This is for 2014 or earlier and based on responses on ChallengerTalk. Manual is turning at 1600 RPM at 70 mph.. Auto is at 2050 or so.. I'm guessing that if the auto didn't have MDS, it would be less efficient than the manual at freeway speeds.

Auto GT is 2220-2275 at 75MPH based on tire size with 3.55 ratio and no MDS.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.