2023 GT Convertible

Drock73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 A10 convertible
I have a good friend that lives in Appleton. I don't think I'll get up there this fall, but next spring I'll reach out.
I ended up finding a set of 275/40/19 Continental DWS 06 that are working for me. With those tires, I can use it for a daily driver until the end of October when it will get stores for the winter. I took a trip to Michigan last weekend and the car ran well. 22 MPG, more than my truck gets! Admittedly, I only got on it a few times, and it was all freeway on the way back.
I recently went to lower Michigan to see family. Plan was to go to the first annual Foxfest in Detroit. Family didn’t want to go due to rain. Looked like a good turnout regardless of the rain.

I love the Michelins, but just a tad small. They are not quite wide enough, but the 35 sidewall looks awesome. They are about $400 a piece plus tax. They handle great all around. If I am able to sell will replace with same tire.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I would start a new message instead of hanging on the end of my original message.

I ended up purchasing a new GT Convertible Premium. Auto trans, Performance Package, MagneRide, Active Exhaust, 401a Option. Ended getting it in Dark Matter Gray. It was not the first choice of color, but it was all that was available besides Black and White which we did not want. It looks good.

A few thoughts/comments after having this for about 3 days!

This thing sounds great. Even in normal mode. Usually when I'm driving around in my truck, and I hear the rumble of a V8, I'm looking around to find the car to admire it. This morning on my way to work, I passed a truck and heard the V8 roar. I started to look around, then realized that it was MY car making that great noise. I need to find some tunnels!

I put gas in it today. Checked the MPG and was 15. I did not think that was to bad with the way I have been stomping on it. Probably helped that the wife had it out last night.
Speaking of; we got the auto trans because she wanted to drive it. She never liked driving my '72 because it was old and without the amenities that she is used to. Last night she picked up a girlfriend, they drove around a bit and went out to eat. It will be nice if she likes it also and does not resent it (or me spending money on it) like the last car.

I did pick up a spare tire for it as I go to northern WI and do not want to get stuck up there if I take the convertible. I just need to install it in the trunk and see if I can make it fit.

As you can see from the picture, I already installed the Audi windscreen. I knew we were getting a convertible and I had been looking. I found a local one for a good price. I installed it last night and today, on the highway at 80 mph I had very little air movement in the front seats.

I have been playing around with modes, instruments, colors, etc. I'm a little confused by the MyColor. Looks like in the past you could dial in your color number. Unfortunately, on the digital screen looks like you need to pick a color by sight, not by number. Maybe I'm missing something. What are you guys doing for gauge colors?

I plan on getting it ceramic coated and I need to treat the top with something. I see what you guys have recommended, or I might just have the people doing the coating do it. We will see what they charge.

Next up: Painted pin stripe on the side (small), hood struts and trunk struts are on order. I also might delete the sound tube. I'll disconnect it first and see if that is the noise that I'm hearing that is bugging me. I hate to take it out what it is still under warranty, but I'm sure they will not care or even notice.

I got it from VA and shipped in an enclosed trainer to me in WI (I paid extra for that). Unfortunately, the selling dealer did not do a good job in cleaning it. The engine compartment is filthy, water spots on the paint and the windows were dirty. I need to get a good cleaning done on it.

Thank you for all that answered my questions and weighed in on the car with your opinions. Could not have done it without you folks. I'm sure I'll have additional questions as the months tick off to winter. (It will be stored for the winter, but in an unheated garage)

A few pictures attached.

IMG_7114.jpg

IMG_7115.jpg

IMG_7118.jpg
great looking vert. I regret selling my 2017 vert as I do miss it. Love the 350, but loved dropping the top as well. Hoping to get back into one someday..
Sponsored