Sponsored

2023 GT Automatic Trans- Free revs with no power above 2-3k RPM, works fine at low RPM

stonedboss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
TBH I am not sure if it is exactly 2k RPM but basically low RPM it works normal, once it gets to mid-high RPM it just free revs without putting power through the trans.

I was sitting at a stoplight, decided to change lanes and quickly tried to move over. It was a bunch of hard clunks as the engine tried to start going.

Now after that moment the free rev issue started. It also has a hard clunk sometimes when changing between drive/reverse.

Any ideas what it can be? Should I have it towed to the mechanic instead of driving it?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I'd just have it towed to the dealer as it looks like it's under warranty unless you've put over 36,000 miles in one year.

OP
OP

stonedboss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
I'd just have it towed to the dealer as it looks like it's under warranty unless you've put over 36,000 miles in one year.
Yeah I had it towed to the dealer today (which was on me). Apparently Ford only approves Ford made rentals and the only rental agency they will pay is out of Ford vehicles, so they wouldn't give me a rental. Quite annoying. I have a 3-5 day lead time just for them to inspect it.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Yeah I had it towed to the dealer today (which was on me). Apparently Ford only approves Ford made rentals and the only rental agency they will pay is out of Ford vehicles, so they wouldn't give me a rental. Quite annoying. I have a 3-5 day lead time just for them to inspect it.
Wow, that's awful. I would think they'd have "loaners" unless it's a really small dealership. If you bought the car from them, I'd be talking to the manager about that.
Sponsored