2020 Roof leak take a look please 🙏

Eflo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eflo
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt convertible 2022 Ecoboost mustang
I finally got around to dropping my car off. Ford says the leak is coming from around the rear brake light at the top of the window. They are going to replace that brake light as well as put in a new headliner under warranty.
I'm having the same issue right now. I think mine is coming from the antenna? My headliner has water stains. Was yours really the break light and it's fixed 100%? Need to take my car in but my dealership isn't the greatest. So I want to have an idea of what to expect. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

jayson_b24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
yeah, I came out of nowhere. I baby this car so I am surprised. Thankfully it is under full warranty until December. So I’m gonna make them fix it.
I'll never understand that.....you buy something with your own money and use it how you want to.... how dare you.

Ole Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yes the third brake light leak is common, on all levels of late model mustangs. Pizz poor design with useless plastic tape seal.

I replaced mine with after market with a good gasket seal and added small bead of silicone around the inside of gasket. No more leaks.

Last edited:

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I'll never understand that.....you buy a high performance vehicle that was engineered to drive high speeds and turn at the track....use it for that.
Hey ZLtwhat, I have an AK47 and ARs I punch paper with. I have an SKS Paratrooper and 4 Pythons new in the box. I hope this annoys you.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
..and 4 Pythons new in the box.
HOLY SH_T JR..FOUR! Which models, barrel lengths and finishes? I'd LOVE to see photos but sadly, I only have one..a blued 8". Thought I should sell it before the day of the dirt nap but I can't bring myself to let it go, I just LOVE that pistol. (Ditto for all the other damn guns I don't shoot any longer.) <smile>

OP
OP
EF300

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I'm having the same issue right now. I think mine is coming from the antenna? My headliner has water stains. Was yours really the break light and it's fixed 100%? Need to take my car in but my dealership isn't the greatest. So I want to have an idea of what to expect. Thanks in advance

yes I thought it was the antenna as well but no it was the brake light. They did a leak test. I have not had any issues since.

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'll never understand that.....you buy a high performance vehicle that was engineered to drive high speeds and turn at the track....use it for that.
Not everyone beats the fuck out of their car then sells it to some other guy who has nothing with bad luck with your “properly driven car” a mustang is not a track car dude… you are severely confused lol. A mustang gt is a fun daily driver, weekend fun car or drag racing car. It is a track car the same as a Chevy Malibu lol… (neither are..) if you wanna track a mustang buy a gt350/gt500/or PP2.

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You guys drive yours in the rain? I was told when I bought mine that if I drive it in the rain, I will spin and then crash and then die….😂😂😂

OP
OP
EF300

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
haha , living in Florida it is inevitable but I don’t do it often. It actually started leaking when I was washing the car with a hose

Sponsored

Eflo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eflo
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt convertible 2022 Ecoboost mustang
yes I thought it was the antenna as well but no it was the brake light. They did a leak test. I have not had any issues since.
Okay, thank you! Have my appt on Monday hopefully I get it back quickly.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
HOLY SH_T JR..FOUR! Which models, barrel lengths and finishes? I'd LOVE to see photos but sadly, I only have one..a blued 8". Thought I should sell it before the day of the dirt nap but I can't bring myself to let it go, I just LOVE that pistol. (Ditto for all the other damn guns I don't shoot any longer.) <smile>
Here's 3 of them. Not pictured is a 1981 Royal Blue 4 inch. Btw, I contacted Colt to buy an extra set of wood stocks and they asked me for my serial number of one of my Pythons to confirm I own one and they sent the wood stocks free of charge.

Pythons.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Here's 3 of them.
All I can say is WOW, JR! They're BEAUTIFUL! I SO love that pistol. Do you remember when you bought your first?

Took a spin through GunBroker and saw that they're going for a lot more than I thought, you have some serious value in those cases amigo. Love 'em all.
Sponsored