Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I can agree with that. I mean, most people don't know the difference between a GT, let alone a PP1 and even less so, a PP2. Hence the low numbers,
As far as modding- honestly I don't plan on doing much to this car...although I've said that for most of my previous cars lol. I just think a few simple things to make it mine is sufficient. I already changed the spoiler and bought a not-yet-installed X-pipe but with that, I think the exhaust will be perfect. The only other thing I may ponder are the FP GT350 springs just to drop the stance a slight bit more. I think ever since I modded the hell out of my GT500 (blower swap and a long list of everything else), I just found that I didn't need it. 800 horsepower is unusable and just cool to say I had. This new car is to me- perfect pretty much as it is.
Hopefully you saved the original spoiler/wing. That's unique to the PP2. Surprised you might want to go lower. These cars are pretty low as is. Getting in and out of a lowered car gets old... if you drive it often. The GT500 is gone? Yea, for the street, that car is plenty as is IMO.
Sponsored

Furyouss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Orange Fury PP2 GT; 1992 Titanium Fr LX coupe
Hopefully you saved the original spoiler/wing. That's unique to the PP2. Surprised you might want to go lower. These cars are pretty low as is. Getting in and out of a lowered car gets old... if you drive it often. The GT500 is gone? Yea, for the street, that car is plenty as is IMO.
Yes sir, I kept the original spoiler and tucked it away safe in the same foam packing and box that the GT500/Mach spoiler came in. I never get rid of factory parts. The PP2s sit a bit lower, and mine has new tires on it which have a bit of a higher profile than the Sport Cup 2s, so that's why I'm undecided. I'm going to sit on that one for a while and decide what I want. I have to say that in stock form, this is the nicest and closest car to what I'd want without really modifying much. Yeah, I sold the GT500 5 years ago and replaced it with my foxbody. I literally did everything to that car shy of building a new motor for it. It was fast, ultra clean, and babied! I see that you have a 2022 GT500? How do you like it?

thumbnail_20180819_121918 (1).jpg

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Yes sir, I kept the original spoiler and tucked it away safe in the same foam packing and box that the GT500/Mach spoiler came in. I never get rid of factory parts. The PP2s sit a bit lower, and mine has new tires on it which have a bit of a higher profile than the Sport Cup 2s, so that's why I'm undecided. I'm going to sit on that one for a while and decide what I want. I have to say that in stock form, this is the nicest and closest car to what I'd want without really modifying much. Yeah, I sold the GT500 5 years ago and replaced it with my foxbody. I literally did everything to that car shy of building a new motor for it. It was fast, ultra clean, and babied! I see that you have a 2022 GT500? How do you like it?

thumbnail_20180819_121918 (1).jpg
Nice about your parts. The GT500 is great. I don't drive it as often out of paranoia. About 2500 miles per year or so. It's heavy and thirsty but really fast sturdy. I need to start putting more miles on it.

Furyouss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Orange Fury PP2 GT; 1992 Titanium Fr LX coupe
Nice about your parts. The GT500 is great. I don't drive it as often out of paranoia. About 2500 miles per year or so. It's heavy and thirsty but really fast sturdy. I need to start putting more miles on it.
Well, you know what Carroll Shelby said about them being made to be driven....

I'm about more or less the same with mine. I'm in Canada so I'm in Kilometers but roughly 4-5000 kms a year dependent on weather and time. I used to drive the Shelby to Carlisle every year for the Ford Nats which is an 8 hour drive. That round trip would usually rack up half of my year's mileage.
Sponsored