Sponsored

2019 Gt getting a p0496

Ramairetransam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 s550
2019 Stang gt getting a p0496. had about 131 miles left on the tank , i cleared it and drove home and back to work today its still off. 86 miles to e , i got to work and it smelled like gas a little .

I'm a ls guy and don't have much gen 3 coyote know how . I cleared the code , car drives fine , i disconnected the purge valve solenoid i think . I'm not sure on the correct names of the parts . Its the cylinder shaped part on the drivers side by the fuel rail . Car was off for 3 hours , took the line from the tank off , started the car and no suction , waited about 30 seconds and it was pulling a vacuum .So that tells me its working since it was off at first and then pulled a vacuum . If that part is bad i cant find it online or rock auto . The one i found was the one by the throttle body and i think that's called the vapor canister valve pn cx2695 .

I will fill that car up today on my way home , what are the chances its something easy like either one of those to evap parts ?

Whats the pn for the one on the drivers side by the fuel rails , it will have some hard plastic lines running to it.
Sponsored