2018 Active Exhaust Install Guide

mfoley13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium, 401a, A10, 3.55, Safe&Smart, AE
I'm trying the forscan coding to make sure it enables the option on my LCD cluster before I buy mufflers. It seems to be good but I'm not sure.

Previous post gives this: (same as spreadsheet on this site)
720-04-01 X*XX XXXX XXXX 4 = Enabled 6 = Disabled
720-10-01 *XXX XXXX E = Enabled C = Disabled

For me, the first line was same but the second wasn't. I had a 1 instead of C but used the E anyway.
720-10-01 *XXX XXXX E = Enabled 1 = Disabled

The option for Active Exhaust is now displayed on my screen but I can't change modes. I also get a warning when turning on the car that says "Active Exhaust Mode Selection Not Available".

Since I don't have the mufflers installed, the lack of actuators may be causing this...or the coding may be wrong???
Sponsored

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
I'm trying the forscan coding to make sure it enables the option on my LCD cluster before I buy mufflers. It seems to be good but I'm not sure.

Previous post gives this: (same as spreadsheet on this site)
720-04-01 X*XX XXXX XXXX 4 = Enabled 6 = Disabled
720-10-01 *XXX XXXX E = Enabled C = Disabled

For me, the first line was same but the second wasn't. I had a 1 instead of C but used the E anyway.
720-10-01 *XXX XXXX E = Enabled 1 = Disabled

The option for Active Exhaust is now displayed on my screen but I can't change modes. I also get a warning when turning on the car that says "Active Exhaust Mode Selection Not Available".

Since I don't have the mufflers installed, the lack of actuators may be causing this...or the coding may be wrong???
I believe you’re right that message is what you want to be seeing. There was a guy with a stuck or otherwise faulty actuator that got a similar message.

White pony express

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Honestly a little confused after reading the thread so if my 18 mustang has the connector pre installed what all do I need to buy?

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I just bought a fully optioned 2018, the only thing it doesn't have is the active exhaust. I'll check to see if I have the plug when I get home .

Great thread so far. Awesome work OP and everyone else.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I just bought a fully optioned 2018, the only thing it doesn't have is the active exhaust. I'll check to see if I have the plug when I get home .

Great thread so far. Awesome work OP and everyone else.

I do have the plug on my car. If someone sources the harness, I'll definitely be adding this to my car.

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
I do have the plug on my car. If someone sources the harness, I'll definitely be adding this to my car.
The harnesses are dealer items. I just bought the harnesses and the mufflers from Levittown Ford.

Mattusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Just finished installing the active exhaust on my 18 PP2, everything works like factory. Plug and play long as you have the harness. Here is the line of code to change in the IPC module if you have a standard cluster.
Inactive code: 720-10-01 0xxx xxxx xxxx
Active code: 720-10-01 2xxx xxxx xxxx
received_234396863889750.jpeg

Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I just ordered the harnesses and mufflers from my local dealer. $470 after tax. I'm hoping to have it all by Friday. At which time I'll install it over the weekend. I'll make a separate thread for 18 up.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
I just ordered the harnesses and mufflers from my local dealer. $470 after tax. I'm hoping to have it all by Friday. At which time I'll install it over the weekend. I'll make a separate thread for 18 up.
You work quick. I have had the harnesses and the mufflers for a few weeks now. Waiting on a break in the weather in NY to put it all together. Too hot here.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
any luck with the harness for the GTs without the plug ready?

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
You work quick. I have had the harnesses and the mufflers for a few weeks now. Waiting on a break in the weather in NY to put it all together. Too hot here.
It's always hot here lol. I might be delayed because of this hurricane though. Hopefully everyone is just blowing it out proportion.
Sponsored