Corsa LTH W/ Off Road Connection Pipes & Xtreme CB

Bennybong

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Soo, I didn't expect the headers to kill the sound of the exhaust after 3k RPM. The stock headers & Xtremes were perfect IMO. But now, it's way too raspy & I want to deepen the tone of the car. My question is would be swapping out the X-Pipe for an H-pipe deepen the tone or would I have to pick up a pair of Corsa Sports? I would prefer to stick with Corsas b/c it's drone-free. Thanks!
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I found the Xtremes to be great on stock as well but the trumpety tone it developed when adding long tubes I just was not a fan of. I added a pair of Vibrant 1794s, they were 3" in and out and 12" long. It cleaned up the tone and brought the volume down a tad. If you add just the H it'll just be a touch less raspy but not much on that setup without additional resonators of some sort. I ultimately cut off the Corsa mufflers and the Vibrants but kept the double x mated to the long tubes. Added AWE Touring rear section. Still no drone, still screams up top, but more character in the lower rpms and none of that trumpety tone. My favorite combo on this build so far.

OP
OP
Bennybong

Bennybong

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I found the Xtremes to be great on stock as well but the trumpety tone it developed when adding long tubes I just was not a fan of. I added a pair of Vibrant 1794s, they were 3" in and out and 12" long. It cleaned up the tone and brought the volume down a tad. If you add just the H it'll just be a touch less raspy but not much on that setup without additional resonators of some sort. I ultimately cut off the Corsa mufflers and the Vibrants but kept the double x mated to the long tubes. Added AWE Touring rear section. Still no drone, still screams up top, but more character in the lower rpms and none of that trumpety tone. My favorite combo on this build so far.
Do you have any sound clips?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Do you have any sound clips?
Sure here's a slow roll to WOT clip from a dyno after the AWE Touring rear replaced the Corsa / resonator combo. I could probably find pre resonator v resonator too if needed.

OP
OP
Bennybong

Bennybong

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Sure here's a slow roll to WOT clip from a dyno after the AWE Touring rear replaced the Corsa / resonator combo. I could probably find pre resonator v resonator too if needed.

ahh not too bad.
Sponsored