Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
15: GT/PP - TY
Awesome! Looks like a great shifter and I like that reverse lockout feature...
Any concerns on the reverse collar malfunctioning after a little time?? Never used it or had experience with it before.
My 69 Vette has this "reverse collar" and it works like a champ. I would hate to anticipate a 15 malfunctioning.
Sponsored

Angry Irishman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Coupe PP
I wonder how Hurst is going to handle this new collared shifter design. I haven't seen anything about Hurst shifters for the 2015 Mustangs.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I wonder how Hurst is going to handle this new collared shifter design.
Their shifters for the '11-14 Mustangs were not very good.

I haven't seen anything about Hurst shifters for the 2015 Mustangs.

You haven't heard anything about any company's shifters for the 2015 Mustang because the car isn't even out yet.

Angry Irishman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Coupe PP
Well that's true however the last mustang I bought Hurst was advertising before the car was on the street. That was the redesigned retro design back in 04/05. There are better shifters out there but the name Hurst carries a special meaning with muscle cars.

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I have had collar lock-outs before, and I think they are great. No worries here. But in our baking desert sun, a chrome shift knob doesn't make a lot of sense. A white ball, or at least a leather knob cover, will be necessary to keep from making shift ball imprints on my palm, a la Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Butter77

Ha....You said Member...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
It took George @ MGW about two years to develop his shifter for the '11+ MT-82. You might be waiting a while.
But it was time well waited! I was one of the first to get one and couldn't of been happier. Nice crisp shifts and hitting third was an amazing feeling. This reverse lockout has me worried a bit. I had taken the top section of the MGW and had an extension made up that did a S bend to the left to move the shifter closer to the wheel (think Agent 47 style). THAT made a huge difference in driving, especially with something in the cup holder. It might take me a little bit to come up with something, but as soon as there is a two piece shifter I'll fire up Solidworks and have a design cooked up quickly.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
But it was time well waited! I was one of the first to get one and couldn't of been happier. Nice crisp shifts and hitting third was an amazing feeling. This reverse lockout has me worried a bit. I had taken the top section of the MGW and had an extension made up that did a S bend to the left to move the shifter closer to the wheel (think Agent 47 style). THAT made a huge difference in driving, especially with something in the cup holder. It might take me a little bit to come up with something, but as soon as there is a two piece shifter I'll fire up Solidworks and have a design cooked up quickly.

The Blowfish Racing shifter bracket is even better, firmly bolting the shifter assembly to the transmission and not the body thus eliminating any misalignments. I haven't been able to get to a dragstrip since my install but it is effing awesome!

https://www.blowfishracing.com/driv...t.html?search_query=SHIFTER+BRACKET&results=1

This is from my install:
http://www.fastfordmuscle.com/index.php/topic/2589-blowfish-racing-shifter-support-bracket/page-4

Sponsored