Sponsored

2015 Ford Mustang to receive 10-speed gearbox - report

Threads
Reaction score
A new report is indicating the Ford Mustang will soon get a 10-speed automatic transmission.
In a detailed report about the Blue Oval’s future plans, Automotive News says the American sports vehicle will receive a new 10-speed gearbox to replace the current six-speed automatic transmission. While details are scarce, it is said the pony car is made expressly for the customers outside North America.
AN also claims this gearbox will be available for the F-150 pickup truck at the end of 2015 for the 2016 model year. A new turbodiesel for the machine is also in the cards.
The new automatic transmission will be shared with General Motors. In return, Ford will get a 9-speed auto for its front-wheel-drive vehicles.

link1:http://www.worldcarfans.com/114082179905/2015-ford-mustang-to-receive-10-speed-gearbox---report
link2: http://www.autonews.com/article/201...fresh-spins-on-its-classics?r=2227F4694801H4V
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
This is pretty old news, so not sure why it's hit the headlines again today :shrug:

And, more to the point, is this suggesting the 10-speed will be for export only? Can't see that happening......

"While details are scarce, it is said the pony car is made expressly for the customers outside North America"

Helios1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo/Porsche Cayman S
This is pretty old news, so not sure why it's hit the headlines again today :shrug:

And, more to the point, is this suggesting the 10-speed will be for export only? Can't see that happening......

"While details are scarce, it is said the pony car is made expressly for the customers outside North America"
That confused me as well. I wonder if part of the delay in getting the Mustang to Europe is due to them waiting for the 10 speed automatic to be ready.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
They took the quote out of context.............on reading the linked article, this is what they said:

The 2015 Mustang is the first version of the pony car made expressly for sale outside North America. The new Mustang is lower, wider and sleeker than its predecessor. With its new independent rear suspension, the 2015 Mustang is designed to be an affordable sports car that can go up against elite competitors such as the BMW M3 and Porsche 911 on the twisty roads of Europe and elsewhere.

Again, I'll expect this new 'box either with the '18MY refresh, or a year earlier if Ford introduce an SE with it (rather like they introduced certainly '10MY elements with the '08 Bullitt) :)
Sponsored