WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Yet to receive a recall letter in relation to this.

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Nothing here yet either...

OP
OP
snake bite

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Or here

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang

Sponsored

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Thanks for the VIN list. My car is there but I had the camera and cables replaced under warranty, so not sure where this will go.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_6167.jpeg

It finally arrived.

Interestingly, my rear camera has been producing blank or distorted images of late.

OP
OP
snake bite

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
My camera had been fine so I was reluctant to let them near it 🤣. However I let them do the fix on my last service. Apparently they replaced a section of the wiring as apparently it can break where it bends when opening and closing the boot.

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 MY17 Mustang GT 5L Triple Yellow Convertible
Mine had the recal done on 14/11/2023 and the dealer said they just had to take the tension out of the cable ( not replace a section )Anyway that was all fine then i dropped it in for its service yesterday picked it up and the camera looked like this from a previous post on the US section. So i had to take it back today, meantime yesterday arvo I trying wiggling the cable and could get the camera to go on and off a waver even more. I could even punch it in one spot and it would switch the camera off. So this morning i dropped it off and the camera worked fine and still works fine after they tried wiggling the cable and stripped back the insulation to look for a break. My bet is the break is not physical but inside the wire so it wont show and is currently making contact. They are taking another look tomorrow.
As its a convertible i needed to know that there was another way into the boot if that wire fractured as well and the dealer pointed out the key hole behind the the rear LH passengers seat, so i tried that to make sure it works, it was impossible to turn the key, and i was not game to to use pliers on it. Anyone else found the key release to be very hard to use?
IMG_5594.jpeg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Mine had the recal done on 14/11/2023 and the dealer said they just had to take the tension out of the cable ( not replace a section )Anyway that was all fine then i dropped it in for its service yesterday picked it up and the camera looked like this from a previous post on the US section. So i had to take it back today, meantime yesterday arvo I trying wiggling the cable and could get the camera to go on and off a waver even more. I could even punch it in one spot and it would switch the camera off. So this morning i dropped it off and the camera worked fine and still works fine after they tried wiggling the cable and stripped back the insulation to look for a break. My bet is the break is not physical but inside the wire so it wont show and is currently making contact. They are taking another look tomorrow.
As its a convertible i needed to know that there was another way into the boot if that wire fractured as well and the dealer pointed out the key hole behind the the rear LH passengers seat, so i tried that to make sure it works, it was impossible to turn the key, and i was not game to to use pliers on it. Anyone else found the key release to be very hard to use?
IMG_5594.jpeg
And this is why I won't be having this recall done.

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 MY17 Mustang GT 5L Triple Yellow Convertible
And this is why I won't be having this recall done.
They say its the short subloom in the boot its self between the main loom that curls up there and the camera itself. and that Ford don't cover that under the recall. $192.00 for the fault finding and a New subloom ordered now, which will be $262.00 fitted. I will be phoning Ford on Monday re this, i don't care which bit of the loom got tugged and broken its all the same issue as far as i am concerned. No wiring loom which is pinned down should fracture inside 7 years.
Plus i am still convinced that main loom is fractured as i could make the camera go of and on just by lightly pinching it.
Sponsored