Sponsored

bitrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Audi
Really debating now if I should just go buy a tundra hybrid for same cost. Wow toyota
Would be interesting if these prices cause cannibalism within their own markets. These prices seem like enthusiast numbers.. I think the deals will be very different by the end of the year.

Frankly, I need efficiency more than the power. If they could've gotten the mpgs around 30, that might be interesting
Especially with the small gas tank on the 2024. 30mpg was never going to happen but I was really hoping for just a bit more total range with the hybrid

chounder

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
The Trailhunter & Pro will be $70k after greedy Dealers do their magic… and people pay it.

Tacohunter2024

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 Prime → '24 TRD OR or Sport
Especially with the small gas tank on the 2024. 30mpg was never going to happen but I was really hoping for just a bit more total range with the hybrid
[/QUOTE]

I have a Toyota RAV4 Prime, 302 HP, 2nd fastest production vehicle Toyota makes, and I average 90 mpgs. They easily could've hit 30 mpgs with the hynrids, they just think Tacoma buyers prioritize power over efficiency. I'm just saying I disagree.
If you're towing frequently, you should be looking at full size trucks. I need an open bed for rental property maintenance and 4x4 for snow and hiking/photography treks. In my opinion, they're misjudging their market...but that's just me.
I do think they hit it out of the park in the design of this truck, it's just disappointing to me from a real world functionality standpoint. Plus I've been waiting for this information to make my final decision on a truck. I think I'm disappointed because I'm realizing the Tacoma isn't going to happen/doesn't make sense.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TRD Pro
A base Tacoma TRD Pro is now over $65k with the destination fee.

Pricing landed where I thought it would be, in the stratosphere. The almost clean sheet of paper design cost Toyota a fortune and now it’s time to recoup those development costs.

The profit margins must be off the hook for Toyota at these new prices.

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
U.S. Pricing (destination included):

TRD Sport - $47,795 ($6900 more than non-hybrid model)
TRD Off-Road - $48,085 ($4800 more than non-hybrid gas model)
Limited - $57,295 ($3700 more than non-hybrid model)
2024 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport Double Cab SB $42,600
2024 TRD Sport i-FORCE MAX Double Cab 4x4 $46,300
=$3,700
2024 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off-Road Double Cab SB $42,900
2024 TRD Off-Road i-FORCE MAX Double Cab 4x4 $46,600
=$3,700
Apples to Fuji (a Hybrid of a Red Delicious and Rawls Jennet) Apples, the premium of the optional Hybrid system is $3,700 on all grades. Pleasant surprise, since I expected the iMAX to require upgrade or Premium on the Sport/OR trims.
Weight penalty is about 550lb, but GVW goes up to maintain a similar payload.

tacotac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
The TRD Pro is $10K more than a more capable Ranger Raptor, and over 15 more than a ZR2.
And for that price they give you a different wheel offset instead of longer axles for more suspension travel like the ZR2 and RR.

« But it’s reliable ».
Enjoy a 10Y 150K miles bumper to bumper warranty on the competition and still pay gazillion less.

What an absolute joke. I am getting a Tundra Limited TRD offroad with premium package tomorrow for $59k. At least this is not a rip off

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
So I'm guessing the hybrid trims have more standard features than the non-hybrid trims do. At least for the TRD Sport and Off-Road. I'm curious what the cost of the hybrid is if you factor that all in. Probably the difference you see with the limited which is $3,700. We will need to dig in and verify that though. Has anyone seen any additional standard features on the limited hybrid verses the stand Limited?

Edit: Apparently Limited Hybrid is the only one that has full time 4WD so that is definitely an added cost with the center diff. Also it has Adaptive Variable Suspension when the standard limited does not.

The key point here is that the price differences between hybrid and non-hybrid are not JUST for the hybrid drivetrain. They are including more things in the hybrid trims.

Last edited:

navid

First Name
Navid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
do we have a release date for these trucks? or we just hoping they ship in the next few months

bitrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Audi
Edit: Apparently Limited Hybrid… has Adaptive Variable Suspension when the standard limited does not.
AFAIK AVS is still an additional option on the Limited, not standard.
Sponsored