Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

[UPDATED 9/26/14]

Famed Mustang tuner Roush has finally gotten its hands on the latest pony car, the redesigned 2015 Ford Mustang, and gave us a glimpse at this modified ‘Stang last week in Detroit. The Roush-modified 2015 Ford Mustang will officially debut later this year, but we have early specs on the various states of tune that will be offered, including Stage 1 and Stage 2 performance kits.

Styling has always been a big part of the Roush upgrade strategy, and this new version is no exception. All Roush versions of the 2015 Ford Mustang come with an in-house body kit that take the car’s looks in a much more aggressive direction. Gone are the rounded curves of the stock Mustang’s front end, as Roush has replaced the entire grille and front fascia with its own sculpted bits that actually extend the nose a few inches further forward than in the stock car. There are also new hood vents and an optional hood scoop, in addition to rear fender vents and a redesigned rear fascia and rear spoiler that make for a significantly cleaner appearance out back.

These looks aren’t just for show, as Roush claims that certain pieces like the front splitter, rear diffuser, and various vents up front actually improve the car’s aerodynamic performance. The custom Roush 20-inch cast wheels are also slightly lighter than stock, and are wrapped in Cooper RS3 tires for extra grip. Roush models equipped with the Mustang’s factory performance package also include upgraded brake pads and rotors for the Brembo six-piston calipers, and Roush will also offer two types of adjustable coil-over shocks.

Like it has with previous Mustangs, Roush will offer various levels of tuning kits, including RS, RS1, and RS2 for the new car. But given the 2015 Ford Mustang’s expanded engine lineup, the structure is a bit different. RS kits are for Mustang V-6 models; RS1 kits focus on the turbocharged Mustang EcoBoost; RS2 uses the naturally aspirated 5.0-liter V-8; and we can assume that, like with previous Roush Mustangs, RS3 adds a supercharger to the V-8 with various stages of power available.

We saw an RS2 car up close and were impressed with how Roush’s appearance kit looks in the flesh. Although we can’t speak to how it drives yet, hearing the raucous sound of the Roush’s new active exhaust system on this RS2 V-8 car certainly grabbed our attention.

Expect to hear more details on these various levels of tunelater on, as well as pricing for these various upgrades. Roush will also offer nearly all of its parts as stand-alone options for Mustang owners who want to focus on certain elements of their cars like wheels, brakes, or appearance. Stay tuned for more information about the Roush 2015 Ford Mustang as the tuner readies its special Mustang for its debut later this year..

Keep 'em peeled!!! :eyebulge:

ROUSH S550 Mustang.jpg

2015 ROUSH Mustang -1.jpg

From Roush's FB: "Keep a close eye on our page during the coming weeks as we start to pull back the curtains and reveal what ROUSH Performance has planned for the 2015 Ford Mustang."

UPDATED:

S550 ROUSH Mustang Teaser.jpg

S550 ROUSH Mustang Render.jpg

roush mustang1.jpg

roush mustang2.jpg
Sponsored

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Awesome! I loved what Roush did for the S197's. Very excited to see what they have in store for 2015. By the way, if you save the picture and brighten it up, you can see a few more details. If you just highlight the picture like you are highlighting text, it will have a similar effect.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Very curious and excited to see what this looks like. Especially the wheels.

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
I can't wait for this...IMHO, the 2015 is missing SOMETHING and one of these companies is going to figure out what the heck it is. Somebody is eventually going to add something to the car, whether it be a Spoiler/louvers/stripes/who knows what, and really bring it all together in a more aggressive way. The base look of the 2015 is great...but we need appearance packages and special models to see what else can be done.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Non-functional hood scoops incoming...:tsk:

Sponsored

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
Can't wait!

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
I popped it into Photoshop and tried to get us a little more of a view. I SUCK at Photoshop, so no need to let me know how bad I suck, just trying to help out a little.
1890538_10152599034194795_4910111128072591712_o_NEW.jpg

tlondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt #0083
Looking forward to this reveal!

Sponsored

chrisvr6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I popped it into Photoshop and tried to get us a little more of a view. I SUCK at Photoshop, so no need to let me know how bad I suck, just trying to help out a little.
you need to try and try :D

what did roush change some wheels and a wing ? ;)

i think its similar to the older one
1890538_10152599034194795_4910111128072591712_o.jpg
2010_00088_04.jpg