Sponsored

Car starts when it wants, error codes P0830 and P0838. Who is our Ford contact in 6g?

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
So a few months ago I was on here trying to get some assistance with the car doing very funny things after going WOT and running the car just a little bit. For example, the car was revving up in between gears, driving pretty rough, etc. Got videos and logs of everything and have been going back and forth with Lund trying to diagnose what the issue could possibly be.

Last night on my way home, I didn't even drive it crazy, but it started acting funny doing the exact same thing it was before. I finally got an error code P0830 and P0838 referring to the clutch pedal switch "A" and "B". Car didn't want to start after I made it home last night, but it started a few hours later.

Long story short, this type of crap is usually stressful because I've read nothing but terrible stories of cars sitting at dealerships for weeks, accidents, etc. I always hoped I wouldn't be one of those people making a thread about issues with the car, but here I am. Talked to a few dealerships locally and some aren't able to get to the car until September, some want me to drop it off for a week and they *might* get to it in 5-6 days, left a few voicemails, etc.

Don't we have someone from Ford in the forums that can help point us to the right direction here? I guess I'm just trying to see if there are any other avenues that I could take to try getting assistance (if any) or if I just need to suck it up and drop the car off for a week. Pretty sure her name was Dakeisha or something like that.

TL;dr: Car has been acting weird for the last few months and I finally got a service light about the clutch pedal switch A and B that might have been the issue. Just simply trying to get some feedback regarding going to the dealerships vs trying to fix it myself vs taking it to a performance shop, etc.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I get help with the codes, but ford is gone..... Elvis has left the building

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I get help with the codes, but ford is gone..... Elvis has left the building
Nomore Daysha or Dakeisha (I think?) on here anymore? :(

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I think it is FordService but I don't know if they are posting these days.
Gotcha. Thanks man!

[MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION]

Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I think Ford pulled all their presence off from this and many other forums around the start of this year.

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I think Ford pulled all their presence off from this and many other forums around the start of this year.
Gotcha. Damn!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Why not try replacing the clutch pedal switch?

I'll ask a Ford Tech I know what he'd do.

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Why not try replacing the clutch pedal switch?

I'll ask a Ford Tech I know what he'd do.
Well, I looked at the safety switch and it looks fine. Disconnected and checked it. The other one seems a lot more difficult to get into. I'm afraid that it's going to take Ford 3 weeks to replace it once I drop it off.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Good luck and I hope you don't run into too much trouble with what you've done to your car mod wise.

Sponsored
OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Good luck and I hope you don't run into too much trouble with what you've done to your car mod wise.
Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate and need it! :thumbsup: :cheers:

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Good luck man. You have a tune on that car ? maybe flash it back to stock and just see what happens
Thanks man and sure do! I flashed back to stock a few weeks ago until I realized that I couldn't intentionally replicate the problem again since everyone advised me to not go WOT on a stock tune (which is usually what causes it to happen).

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Thanks man and sure do! I flashed back to stock a few weeks ago until I realized that I couldn't intentionally replicate the problem again since everyone advised me to not go WOT on a stock tune (which is usually what causes it to happen).
Okay so it's happening on the stock tune. I bet you just need to replace a the clutch sensor or something. Maybe just swap the sensor out on your own and see what happens.

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Okay so it's happening on the stock tune. I bet you just need to replace a sensor or something. Maybe just swap the sensor out on your own and see what happens.

I mean if you think about it kind of makes sense if your pedal switch is bad and your car can't reliably tell where the electronic throttle is at . That would cause all kinds of problems
Well I haven't tried reproducing it on the stock tune. The only way I can get the car to act up is to go WOT once or twice and I was told to not try that on the stock tune, so I just flashed back to the Lund tune.

And yup I think that's what's going on. Someone on Facebook mentioned that because of the switch or whatever is causing the issue, it explains why the RPMs are being thrown all over the place in between gears sometimes too.

So I checked one of the switches (I think it's the clutch safety switch), and it didn't look like it had any corrosion or anything. The one on top is really hard to get to. As far as sensors though, where would I be able to locate that, or were you referring to the switch?

Thanks for the input too btw man!
Sponsored