Mustang GT-M type concept W.I.P. Image Re upoaded

SesiomSummers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Build
Vehicle Showcase
Disclaimer: this is a Work in Progress.

Hello Guys its been long time since I posted here, I just saw a white Mach 1 in a parking lot and I fell In love with it, so I went to home and began to design what I called the GT-M1 Type work in progress

I love to design parts for cars but never actually worked on a mustang so this one is my very first design for a mustang (just have done camaros and BMWs so I hope I nailed a desigh that flow with the current Design lines)

and so.. this is how the Mustang GT-M1 type is bein designed based on the famous Mach 1 from 1969. as Im no longer working for an aftermarket company this will be just a concept but I would do my best to do it on my S550 GT

the bigest changes so far are the hood with a cowl, unlike the Mach 1 this cowl is softer and not as pronounce but still gives a more muscular scilouet to the S550, the bumper is almost the same but the place where the fog ligts where are now are now bigger and open to let Air to cool brakes and wharever the people want to cool, the black part is in carbon fiber as the side skirs

on the rear quarter there is a Non-functional Side port Im still thinking how to aproach this as I could made it like a part you can just put it on like those side ports I seen from Foose or do a complete rear quarter requiring a mody shop to install it

I havent designed a Rear poiler or the rear of the car as I would like to do it on 3D, I am planning to work on a high Spoiler like the one on the Mach1, some changes on the bumper to make it look more agresive but at the same time keep the GT look and some sort of Carbon Fiber wheel well trim.. but I hope you like it so far.

any suggestion is welcome!!!

Mustang_M_type.jpg

Render Updates w shaker hood and unique front bumper and rear spoiler:

01.png

03.png

04.png

02.png

05.png

Update: 08/24/17

Sorry for the bad quality renders as my render machine is on my office and Im at home. this is still a wip but I like where this is going!

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

018.jpg

Update Nov 11.

607dd9_414e0cde01a84d588182bd844914f0a0~mv2.png

607dd9_4f08603dedaa4577a71437660d852ba3~mv2.png

607dd9_0700be55cbce41439f56a21cb6b5bc70~mv2.png

607dd9_489320fbd2d44bb494f6a4e47434597a~mv2.png

607dd9_fac91e22f7c5479eb6ec483038ce4ff8~mv2.png

607dd9_b2c4ecda0aa248e481d070615d3ffd98~mv2.png

607dd9_c3a9823e8cb849b58ec97a998f6542bd~mv2.png

607dd9_31acd31e3b9045ab891f0cd8f46eb807~mv2.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Disclaimer: this is a Work in Progress work.

Hello Guys its been long time since I posted here, I just saw a white Match 1 in a parking lot and I fell In love with it, so I went to home and began to design what I called the GTM1 Type work in progress

I love to design parts for cars but never actually worked on a mustang so this one is my very first design for a mustang (just have done camaros and BMWs so I hope I nailed a desigh that flow with the current Design lines)

and so.. this is how the Mustang GTM1 type is bein designed based on the famous Mach 1 from 1969. as Im no longer working ofr an aftermarket company this will be just a concept but I would do my best to do it on my S550 GT

the bigest changes so far are the hood with a cowl, unlike the Mach 1 this cowl is softer and not as pronounce but still gives a more muscular scilouet to the S550, the bumper is almost the same but the place where the fog ligts where are now are now bigger and open to let Air to cool brakes and wharever the people want to cool, the black part is in carbon fiber as the side skirs

on the rear quarter there is a Non-functional Side port Im still thinking how to aproach this as I could made it like a part you can just put it on like those side ports I seen from Foose or do a complete rear quarter requiring a mody shop to install it

I havent designed a Rear poiler or the rear of the car as I would like to do it on 3D, I am planning to work on a high Spoiler like the one on the Mach1, some changes on the bumper to make it look more agresive but at the same time keep the GT look and some sort of Carbon Fiber wheel well trim.. but I hope you like it so far.

any suggestion is welcome!!!

You may need to adjust permissions for everybody to see your picture. You'll have to change from private(default) to public.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Are those rear vents going o be functional? I like this a lot. VERY well balanced. I'm usually not all about DYI projects from people who think they know better than the OEM's. I'd say do your own spoiler/wing too and not do the R one. Everyone does that.

OP
OP
SesiomSummers

SesiomSummers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Build
Vehicle Showcase
Are those rear vents going o be functional? I like this a lot. VERY well balanced. I'm usually not all about DYI projects from people who think they know better than the OEM's. I'd say do your own spoiler/wing too and not do the R one. Everyone does that.
I need to know whats unther the Rear quarter pannes to check if the can be actually functional... thanks that was the Idea I am currently Scanning my GT so I can Model the parts just as I like them, for the sopiler Im looking as a high Spoiler like the one on the Match 1 with a modenr touch that goes with the simple but muscular asthetic of the rest of the car.

Sponsored

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I like what pure doing. Always impresses me when people have the skills to do things form scratch. Liking the scoops, might need to be a bit smaller but otherwise looks good. Can't wait to see this develop, especially if you do actually build it.

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT

What is the intended function of real rear quarter vents? Cooling the brakes? Aerodynamics? Someone please educate me.

Just my opinion...I can't stand anything fake on cars. I don't like "tributes" or "clones", fake hood scoops, or those horrible fake convertibles. But then again, I don't even like fake shutters on houses.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
I don't like "tributes" or "clones", fake hood scoops, or those horrible fake convertibles. But then again, I don't even like fake shutters on houses.
Is that your Herbie the love bug beetle car in your avatar?
Pretty cool! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
Is that your Herbie the love bug beetle car in your avatar?
Pretty cool! :thumbsup:
Yep...and the inspiration for how I will paint my 2018 GT. I was going to paint the GT exactly like a Herbie, but the doors on the 2018 have a shape that would not allow for a flat "53", and I don't think the lines of the hood would either. So, I'll just settle for red white and blue...
herbie - 1.png
This one.png

Sponsored

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Looks AWESOME! Comeon Ford give us those rear scoops and make them functional!!

only critique is it would probably be on the MY18 platform and would have a Mach1 badge on the front fender somewhere

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
Why are people getting hard over a Mach 1 Bullet Mustang i don't get it it's so BLAH

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona