Sponsored

Maitenance Schedule for Track Use?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
What intervals are you doing for I guess in track days or in hours on track.

Engine Oil
Diff Oil
Transmission Oil
Air Filter
Brake Fluid
Coolant
Sponsored

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
engine oil: I change my oil after every event which is usually a two day event.

differential: If you drive the car pretty hard you'll notice this tends to heat up the most so I like to change this a bit more often than the trans fluid. I just did my second diff fluid change after 7 events.

Trans fluid: If you're not doing more than 5 events a year I'd just do this once a season.

Air filter: I use the Airaid replacement filter which is washable and reusable. I Clean and re oil it when it looks dirty.

Brake fluid: I highly recommend bleeding and replacing at least whats in the calipers after every track day. I do this and can clearly see a color difference in the fluid after just one day at the track.

Coolant: I'll probably change this once a season just because...

Keep in mind that the intervals in which you should really change your engine, trans, and diff fluid really depends on how hard you drive your car, and how hot the fluid gets. I like to take a small sample of new fluid in a clear bottle and compare it to the fluid removed. If the fluid removed is drastically different in color, I change it more often.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Use Castrol SRF brake fluid. Requires less bleeding/flushing.

Changing oil after every track day is a bit excessive, even for a very experienced driver. At the most I would do every other track day and even more depending on your experience level.

Last edited:

Rainier42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R
Good stuff ... is what Ford Racing uses in their School vehicles.

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I do use SRF. Even at 80 bucks a bottle it takes a very small amount of fluid to do this after every track day, and only takes me 10-15 minutes. Also by doing this I'll really never need to change the fluid all at once.

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
engine oil: I change my oil after every event which is usually a two day event.

differential: If you drive the car pretty hard you'll notice this tends to heat up the most so I like to change this a bit more often than the trans fluid. I just did my second diff fluid change after 7 events.

Trans fluid: If you're not doing more than 5 events a year I'd just do this once a season.

Air filter: I use the Airaid replacement filter which is washable and reusable. I Clean and re oil it when it looks dirty.

Brake fluid: I highly recommend bleeding and replacing at least whats in the calipers after every track day. I do this and can clearly see a color difference in the fluid after just one day at the track.

Coolant: I'll probably change this once a season just because...

Keep in mind that the intervals in which you should really change your engine, trans, and diff fluid really depends on how hard you drive your car, and how hot the fluid gets. I like to take a small sample of new fluid in a clear bottle and compare it to the fluid removed. If the fluid removed is drastically different in color, I change it more often.

:popcorn:

Peter
Sponsored