Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
  • Banned
Hi guys and gals, ok since the UK tour thingy is not gaining momentum, I've put together a wee meet for the above dates.

Basically, it's the route I posted up on the British tour thread:

Starting from Dunkeld (Royal Hotel Dunkeld) meeting on THURSDAY 24August for a Friday morning shoot

Day 1. Friday 25th August, I've booked the Travel Lodge just off the A96, Stonyfield Rd, Inverness, this is the route I'll be following to get there;

Dunkeld, north A93 through Braemar (say hello to the Queen), left onto the A97, left onto A944, right onto A939, right onto A95 (The Whisky trail), left A941 (To Elgin), left A96 (Forres), left A940 (Dava), right A939 (Nairn), left A96 to Inverness.

Day 2. I've booked the Prince's House Hotel, Glenfinnan after following this Route;

Inverness, B862 (Fort Augustus), right A82 (Invermoriston), left A887, right A87 (Kyle of Lochalsh onto Skye), left A851 to Armadale, ferry to Mallaig. Before the ferry, a skoot around Skye, for those that have never been (awesome place). Stay in Glenfinan

Day 3. I've not booked anywhere, as I might just head home after this drive, however, I'd encourage our southern cousins to book somewhere in Inveraray (I might be tempted to stay out :D)

A830 to Fort William (one of the MOST awesome roads I've ever driven), A82 (South Ballachulish), right A828 (Connel Bridge), right A85 (Oban), A816 south to junction of B844 (takes you to The Bridge Over The Atlantic), back to the A816, south to Lochgilphead, left A83 to Inveraray.

Day 4.

Home :D

Hotels: Dunkeld,Inverness, Mallaig/Glenfinnan/Fort William, Inveraray, shouldn't present any accommodation issues, I will not be arranging any bookings but I'm happy to assist.

You all know the script:

1. Lone Survivor
2. Sudaf
3. CapitanPug
4. KevD
5. Nixo Paxo (mibees)
6. Mustang1878 (mibees)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Erm, can a mod move this into the meets :D

RSPcooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. Mini 30. Q5
Will be doing the NC500 in a motor home while you are doing this so if you see a motor home flashing its lights like a loon that will be me :lol:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Will be doing the NC500 in a motor home while you are doing this so if you see a motor home flashing its lights like a loon that will be me :lol:
Day 5 sorted for everyone then :p!

nixopaxo

#Team Roush
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVIE
Vehicle(s)
17gt
Hi guys and gals, ok since the UK tour thingy is not gaining momentum, I've put together a wee meet for the above dates.

Basically, it's the route I posted up on the British tour thread:

Starting from Dunkeld (Royal Hotel Dunkeld) meeting on THURSDAY 24August for a Friday morning shoot

Day 1. Friday 25th August, I've booked the Travel Lodge just off the A96, Stonyfield Rd, Inverness, this is the route I'll be following to get there;

Dunkeld, north A93 through Braemar (say hello to the Queen), left onto the A97, left onto A944, right onto A939, right onto A95 (The Whisky trail), left A941 (To Elgin), left A96 (Forres), left A940 (Dava), right A939 (Nairn), left A96 to Inverness.

Day 2. I've booked the Prince's House Hotel, Glenfinnan after following this Route;

Inverness, B862 (Fort Augustus), right A82 (Invermoriston), left A887, right A87 (Kyle of Lochalsh onto Skye), left A851 to Armadale, ferry to Mallaig. Before the ferry, a skoot around Skye, for those that have never been (awesome place). Stay in Glenfinan

Day 3. I've not booked anywhere, as I might just head home after this drive, however, I'd encourage our southern cousins to book somewhere in Inveraray (I might be tempted to stay out :D)

A830 to Fort William (one of the MOST awesome roads I've ever driven), A82 (South Ballachulish), right A828 (Connel Bridge), right A85 (Oban), A816 south to junction of B844 (takes you to The Bridge Over The Atlantic), back to the A816, south to Lochgilphead, left A83 to Inveraray.

Day 4.

Home :D

Hotels: Dunkeld,Inverness, Mallaig/Glenfinnan/Fort William, Inveraray, shouldn't present any accommodation issues, I will not be arranging any bookings but I'm happy to assist.

You all know the script:

1. Lone Survivor
2. Sudaf
3. CapitanPug
4. KevD
5. Nixo Paxo (mibees)
6. Mustang1878 (mibees)
If i can get the swap at work m8 ill be going , if i cant then i wont , simples but i ll really try as i ve got favours owed!

Sponsored

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
1. Lone Survivor
2. Sudaf
3. CapitanPug
4. KevD
5. Nixo Paxo (mibees)
6. Mustang1878 (mibees)
7. SteveC

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
Damn, a family member has "booked" the 64 convertible for a wedding and grandparents are booked for babysitting duties.

Hopefully we'll be free for the next one.

OP
OP
Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I'm in!

1. Lone Survivor
2. Sudaf
3. CapitanPug
4. KevD
5. Nixo Paxo (mibees)
6. Mustang1878 (mibees)
7. SteveC
8. Centurion07

Any chance we can get the entire route marked up in google maps somehow? I quite like the idea of maybe driving the route and then revisiting some of it for some photo ops on the way back.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm lateshift today mate, not be on a pc till later, but yeah at some point I'll get it up :thumbsup:

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
gutted!!! I will have completed my move South of the border by then. Can I be an honorary member of the McMustang clan?

This looks like it will be epic - have a ball folks!

OP
OP
Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gutted!!! I will have completed my move South of the border by then. Can I be an honorary member of the McMustang clan?

This looks like it will be epic - have a ball folks!
Stevec and Centurion are from way down south, not an excuse :lol:

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yeah, I'm in Basingstoke and SteveC would be hard pushed to be any further away being down in Hastings! :lol:

And this will be the third trip north of the border for a scottish meet for both of us! :D

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Aargh, 24th August is daughter's birthday and her party is the weekend :(
Not even a way to be part of some of it...
Sponsored