Sponsored

Ford Execs lose bonuses over Quality

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I don't know if any of you have seen or read the article (which has an online post date of April 2017):

http://www.autonews.com/article/20170402/OEM02/304039926/quality-takes-toll-on-ford-exec-bonuses

Execs lose their bonuses due to Ford scoring only total 52% on Quality as defined by:

Ford measures quality in three ways: things gone wrong at three months of ownership, customer satisfaction at three months of ownership, and warranty spending per business unit. Each of those three metrics is recorded for Ford's five business regions: North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Asia Pacific.

Ford hit 41 percent of its goals for things gone wrong, 27 percent of its customer satisfaction goals, and 88 percent of its warranty goals.

Actually I'm glad that New Ford Owner responses to their lacking of "Quality is Job 1" is hitting their Exec bonuses - because just from this site alone, the poor Quality found on the S550 and MANY warranty repair claims is outrageous.
Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I'm glad they're taking it serious.. I love the s550 platform and Mustangs in general but I hate the fact that my old 17 year old Corolla has better fitment on the body panels.. Lol. The AC in that car still runs perfectly too.. the evaporator core in my stang crapped out at 9k miles. My rolla has 230k miles on it and while it is worn the fabric seats are still intact whereas the seams on the drivers seat on my Mustang seem to be wearing extremely fast to the point that it may need to be replaced..

justang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura TL
This is the reason why I haven't pulled the trigger on the Mustang yet. I've been spoiled by Honda quality and reliability. I've had my Acura for 11 years without a single issue. I would hate to trade it in on a headache and regret the decision. I hope they get their act together because I've wanted a 5.0 for a long time but vibrations, poor panel alignment, and a failing AC in Florida are things I cannot accept.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Insurance is making my dreams of a manual GT implausible Lol.. I'm looking at a few cars one of which is a Charger RT.. A Hemi, 4 doors, and that awesome ZF 8 speed tick almost every box for me.. maybe a procharger down the line, get that thing moving Lol.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Which is hilarious, given FCA's level of quality. :lol:
Exactly - like a FIAT is going to be any better?

The comments above about the HORRIBLE quality need to be taken with a grain of salt. My GT has 10,500 mi on it, the body panels are PERFECT, the AC works fine, seats not wearing, etc etc etc. The ONLY issue I have had is the E-Brake cable need to be retentioned. You need to remember people that are happy DON'T post - Hey no problems with my xxxx today on the Internet.

Now We do see that Ford did not make some of their goals, and the top brass is getting hit. Nice to see and you know they will double down and make improvements.

Nukem501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Shelby GT500
This is the reason why I haven't pulled the trigger on the Mustang yet. I've been spoiled by Honda quality and reliability. I've had my Acura for 11 years without a single issue. I would hate to trade it in on a headache and regret the decision. I hope they get their act together because I've wanted a 5.0 for a long time but vibrations, poor panel alignment, and a failing AC in Florida are things I cannot accept.
I feel you bro, my '08 type s was a hell of a car... until a teenager pulled out in front of me going 45.... ugh I miss that car. Only issue it ever had was a defective battery that died maybe a month after I got it. Looking for a high mileage used one for a beater for the upcoming winter

justang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura TL
I feel you bro, my '08 type s was a hell of a car... until a teenager pulled out in front of me going 45.... ugh I miss that car. Only issue it ever had was a defective battery that died maybe a month after I got it. Looking for a high mileage used one for a beater for the upcoming winter
No doubt, I would have bought the type s had it been available in 06. My plan was to trade the TL on a 5.0 after they worked out the bugs, but it appears they have not been worked out. I really wanted a 6 speed rwd sports car so I bought a S2000 instead, and kept the TL as a daily. 9,000 rpm red line, 2,800 lbs, 50/50 weight ratio, Honda reliability, and one of the best manual transmissions ever has made it a treat to own. There's a reason why they are appreciating in value. IF Ford gets their quality together, I'll get a new 5.0. If not, I'm perfectly happy with my 2 old Hondas.

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
Yup go to Dodge which has consistently been ranked amongst the lowest in quality. I'm not going to say the mustang doesn't have quality issues, but my EB ran 28K hard miles in 1.5 years before I got rid of it. It had absolutely zero issues. The fit on the body panels definitely needs to improve, but I had zero issues or complaints. I'm used to Japanese/German quality so that was surprising for me.

My 17 GT has crappy body fit, but I expect the same quality as my EB if not better.

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
I'm glad they're taking it serious.. I love the s550 platform and Mustangs in general but I hate the fact that my old 17 year old Corolla has better fitment on the body panels.. Lol. The AC in that car still runs perfectly too.. the evaporator core in my stang crapped out at 9k miles. My rolla has 230k miles on it and while it is worn the fabric seats are still intact whereas the seams on the drivers seat on my Mustang seem to be wearing extremely fast to the point that it may need to be replaced..
Exactly this. My panel fitment is terrible, and my AC also died after only 3,000 miles. I love this car, and those are the only issues I've had, but my 2013 Hyundai Elantra has much better overall build quality. Not as fun to drive though.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Exactly - like a FIAT is going to be any better?
Trust me, my Mustang's level of quality is light years ahead of that of my '13 Jeep DD.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
On a side note, good for Ford for taking quality seriously and realizing it starts from the top down.

I've been driving my '15 for over 46k miles so far had have had zero issues with anything :thumbsup:

My_Coyote

Howl'n in the Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Don't get me started with Dodge quality issues. Ford quality
may not be perfect but it is a night and day difference when
compared to Dodge.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Say what you will about Dodge quality (my friend has one.. has had some electrical issues.. Lol)

At least Dodge puts a 5.7 V8 in everything unlike Ford.. I give them props for that Lol. A RWD Dodge Dart RT 5.7 Hemi with a ZF 8 speed would be awesome.
Sponsored