UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
We Installed the recently designed CAI from our friends over at CP-E on UPR Bryan McCoy Ecoboost and I must say.. Hands down the cleanest one out there! The install was super easy and as you can see, it fit's perfect, With using the enclosed box, the IAT's will stay down as well.

121rjw5.jpg

We tapped the couple to run our DVCC with it

Some details about this intake:

Fully sealed custom designed airbox using factory ram air

Perfect OEM fitment with no CEL

More than 5% gains in upper RPMs

No power loss in lower RPMs

Made in the U.S.A.

LIFETIME Warranty

2gtxf6p.jpg

20ix72r.jpg

14xi9zk.jpg

Available powder coated in Satin Black the αIntake offers the most well thought out a solution to getting air to your turbo yet. The αIntake comes with a full 4.00” mandrel bent tube. Welded onto the tube are a CNC-lathed port for the PCV system, a CNC-milled 
MAP bung, and a laser cut support bracket. Includes clear plexi-glass window (ships with orange peel-off protective coating).

This system goes for $431.99

(wil be listed on our website shortly but you can call us at 561-588-6630)
Sponsored

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Looks like top quality.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Definitely looks clean as hell, but cant justify paying over $400 for a CAI.

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Definitely looks clean as hell, but cant justify paying over $400 for a CAI.
Completely agree. Looks great and I bet it sounds great too! But can't justify $400 on a performance part that doesn't provide any performance benefits.

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
Completely agree. Looks great and I bet it sounds great too! But can't justify $400 on a performance part that doesn't provide any performance benefits.
I know right, that's stupid expensive considering for 100 bucks more you can get the Ford tune CAI combo that actually provides huge gains.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
Or a couple hundred more and you can feed your pony meth!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
^^^ That!

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Any performance parts to help the turbo breathe are a plus. This car is tuned by Lund Racing so everything available is on it that will help. The power may not be a huge difference but with an intake like this, your directing the air to be more of a straight shot to the turbo. A proper intake is as straight as it can be which, will allow the turbo to breathe properly and make the power more efficient. IAT's dropping at a faster rate is also a benefit of this CAI over other's.

I made this post to show another new option for CAI's that we (UPR Products) now offer. CP-E's parts they produce has been tested and helped put our Ecoboost into the low 9's. We trust them as everything has worked great for us. We recommend them to everyone.

Sponsored

fstlane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
FWIW, it is my car that is pictured with the CP-E intake installed on it and I was quite surprised by it last night.

I got stuck in barely moving, literally inching forward traffic last night with an ambient temp of roughly 85* and my IAT's start creeping up to the 140 range. I get to my parents house to pick up my son, and get back in the car and after it was sitting for maybe 15-20 mins, IAT's were now in the high 150* range. So like most of you reading this right now, I'm thinking, WTF that is really high!!

Once I start to head home I am now going the opposite of direction of the ridiculous traffic, and with the car moving at 55-60 mph the IAT's start to plummet and literally within 3-4 miles, they were down to below 90 degrees, and basically just above ambient. I really don't think my old setup (Airaid Pipe and K&N Drop In) would have performed that well and cooled that quickly. Given I have only had my car since December I have not faced the conditions I did last night before but I would like to hear from some of you with stock setups. What are you normal IAT's when driving around, especially now that at least for us in Florida we are back to it being Africa hot. How quickly do they rise and fall?

That will really be the only way we all can get a conclusive answer as to how much of a difference cold air intakes make on our cars, or don't which is the thought in this community currently.

Lastly, I want to say that while I am not feeling a big seat of the pants difference between my previous setup and the CP-E kit you sometimes have to look deeper than just that aspect of it to know if you truly have a great performing intake setup, or just good one that works fine.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
When people can justify paying over a THOUSAND dollars for a simple e-tune, I don't see how anyone can complain about the price tag of this intake.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
FWIW, it is my car that is pictured with the CP-E intake installed on it and I was quite surprised by it last night.

I got stuck in barely moving, literally inching forward traffic last night with an ambient temp of roughly 85* and my IAT's start creeping up to the 140 range. I get to my parents house to pick up my son, and get back in the car and after it was sitting for maybe 15-20 mins, IAT's were now in the high 150* range. So like most of you reading this right now, I'm thinking, WTF that is really high!!

Once I start to head home I am now going the opposite of direction of the ridiculous traffic, and with the car moving at 55-60 mph the IAT's start to plummet and literally within 3-4 miles, they were down to below 90 degrees, and basically just above ambient. I really don't think my old setup (Airaid Pipe and K&N Drop In) would have performed that well and cooled that quickly. Given I have only had my car since December I have not faced the conditions I did last night before but I would like to hear from some of you with stock setups. What are you normal IAT's when driving around, especially now that at least for us in Florida we are back to it being Africa hot. How quickly do they rise and fall?

That will really be the only way we all can get a conclusive answer as to how much of a difference cold air intakes make on our cars, or don't which is the thought in this community currently.

Lastly, I want to say that while I am not feeling a big seat of the pants difference between my previous setup and the CP-E kit you sometimes have to look deeper than just that aspect of it to know if you truly have a great performing intake setup, or just good one that works fine.

Had same experience with my mishimoto intake. My stocker use to heat up (Los Angeles traffic) and would take forever to come back down. My mishimoto intake heats up and drops almost immediately after driving after the traffic stop.

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
beautiful. definitely not worth MY money. maybe someone elses. $400+ goes a long way into something useful.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I have not faced the conditions I did last night before but I would like to hear from some of you with stock setups. What are you normal IAT's when driving around, especially now that at least for us in Florida we are back to it being Africa hot. How quickly do they rise and fall?
Bone stock intake, GT grill with no extra openings, i stay within 5 degrees of ambient on the highway, and will get up to 130 sitting at a stoplight or in a fast food drive-thru. Same as yours, within 3-4 mikes of constant movement, IAT is back to normal. When temps are in the 130 range, a single burst of WOT for 4-5 seconds will drop the temps 20-30 degrees quickly.

I'm just not sold on a CAI doing anything at all on these cars, unless someone designs one that completely isolates the intake from any external heat source. The Velossa Tech ram air duct seems to be about as close as we will ever get to isolation.
Sponsored