Sponsored

Mustang in Europe [Update: Ordering begins May 24]

Shark77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MS3
My guess, the first 500 in europe will be LHD, even for the UK.
Would they allow a dealer to sell a new car in the UK that is LHD?

Hopefully, the first 500 thing is just a way for Ford to gauge specific demand to be able to determine the right mix of EB, V8, RHD, etc before they roll out a second round with larger numbers.
Sponsored

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus Ct200
Ford only will bring premium + performance package models (V8 and Ecoboost).

I am waiting impatient the prices, we could make bets :p

36,000€ Ecoboost
42,000€ GT

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
If I'm reading it right, you have 90 minutes to register your interest. And the cars will only be available in Race Red (fastback) or Magnetic (convertible)......

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ons-league-goal--ford-opens-order-book-f.html

The Ultimate UEFA Champions League Goal? Ford Opens Order Book for the New Mustang Exclusively During the Final

• Ford announces the first opportunity for European customers to reserve a new Ford Mustang
  • Ford will make 500 new Mustang fastback and convertible models available to pre-order from the moment the UEFA Champions League Final kicks-off until the final whistle
  • The new Ford Mustang arrives in Europe next year. It’s the first time in the iconic sports car’s 50-year history that it will be sold across Europe
  • Consumers can register for the chance to reserve one of the 500 models online at www.ford.com – which will in the run-up to the Final offer Mustang news, features and a countdown to the kick-off

COLOGNE, Germany, May 6, 2014 – When the UEFA Champions League Final between Real Madrid CF and Club Atlético de Madrid kicks off on May 24 it also will mark a moment for which Ford Mustang fans in Europe have been waiting a very long time.

Ford Motor Company has announced that the first 500 new Mustang models for Europe will be made available to reserve from the start of the game until the moment the match ends, whether after extra time – or the nailbiting climax of penalties.

Ford has been an official UEFA Champions League partner since 1992. This year the Final in Lisbon, Portugal, is expected to attract a Europe-wide audience of 70 million football fans and 165 million people around the world.

“The arrival of the new Ford Mustang in Europe is an event that deserves the biggest possible stage,” said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales & Service, Ford of Europe. “We hope that making the first models available to order at the exact moment the Final kicks off will ensure a reach which matches the significance.”

Both fastback and convertible Mustang models are available, the fastback in Race Red and the convertible in Magnetic Silver, and can be equipped with Ford’s all-new 2.3-litre EcoBoost engine that delivers outstanding fuel economy and output projected at more than 309 PS and 407 Nm of torque; or the 5.0 litre V8 engine – yielding more than 426 PS and 529 Nm of torque.

Models also will offer Ford’s SYNC 2 connectivity and navigation system; heated and ventilated seats; Park Assist; black leather trim; chrome detailing; and 19-inch alloy wheels.

Consumers can log onto www.ford.com now to view information, graphics and videos about the new Mustang and the iconic car’s 50-year heritage. During the match they will have the chance to register their details for an opportunity to purchase one of the 500 models that will include a special package and a limited edition certificate.

The new Ford Mustang will be the first ever to be made available across Europe when it goes on full sale next year.

VIDEO:

[ame]

Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Only black leather seats.... Hmmmmm... Was hoping for magnetic and saddle :/

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
this whole thing is very confusing. Are they saying that the first 500 2015 mustangs actually made are going to Europe? Or are they saying that the first 500 mustangs to be sold in Europe are going to be sold during this event? Either way, it doesn't necessarily follow that only 500 cars will be sold there total. That would mean even fewer than 500 right hand drive cars would be produced for europe - a really small return on the large investment to make this a world car

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Don't forget, not many European countries (in fact, I can't think of any!) are RHD outside of the UK. In fact, if ANY of these 500 are RHD I'll be surprised.

That being said, this is just the first batch. I suspect this will be a good way to gauge interest for the coming years.

OP
OP
Helios1234

Helios1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo/Porsche Cayman S
I am pretty sure they mean the first 500 coming to Europe will be on pre-order exclusively during the match. From what I've been told it's only the first batch and based on what they say, it will be on sale properly next year.

MustangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang
this whole thing is very confusing. Are they saying that the first 500 2015 mustangs actually made are going to Europe? Or are they saying that the first 500 mustangs to be sold in Europe are going to be sold during this event? Either way, it doesn't necessarily follow that only 500 cars will be sold there total. That would mean even fewer than 500 right hand drive cars would be produced for europe - a really small return on the large investment to make this a world car
They are taking pre-registrations for the first 500 Mustangs destined for EU markets. These won't be the first 500, in fact EU market cars won't be available until mid-2015.

Sponsored

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Don't forget, not many European countries (in fact, I can't think of any!) are RHD outside of the UK. In fact, if ANY of these 500 are RHD I'll be surprised.

That being said, this is just the first batch. I suspect this will be a good way to gauge interest for the coming years.
Right, that's why I said fewer than 500. In any case, I would assume that once the initial high demand in the US is satisfied, they'll export as many cars to EU as they can find buyers for.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
And if these are just the first 500 that Europe would get NEXT year, why make so much fuss THIS year, and why limit the first 500 cars sold to either red Coupe or magnetic Convertible?!

I've been messaging Ford Norway and they don't seem to know anything apart from what's on the website (or they aren't telling me :D they did wish me the best of luck though...)

Black leather seats sounds so dull now after I kind of had set my eyes on saddle - but not sure if I want to wait even longer! Also note they say it will include a "limited edition certificate"...? Are we getting Euro LE's?!

Models also will offer Ford’s SYNC 2 connectivity and navigation system; heated and ventilated seats; Park Assist; black leather trim; chrome detailing; and 19-inch alloy wheels. (...) an opportunity to purchase one of the 500 models that will include a special package and a limited edition certificate.
Above quote from ford.com... I thought only the LE's got chrome? Not sure I WANT chrome on my Magnetic...

As Chopsui says... this is just confusing. There's less than 18 days till all of Europe gets 90 minutes to try and snatch a pre-order for a car. Which is unspecified, there's no word on pricing, and the above text makes it out to be some kind of limited edition without proper details (unlike Ford US)... it's just aaaaaaargh.

At least I got a LE coffee mug from Ford for asking questions they couldn't answer :D

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus Ct200
WTF?

Only Race Red and magnetic., "special package" and the number of GT and ecoboost it's not defined.

Any of you are going to order one in the Champions League final?

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Was going to but not sure anymore - there is not enough info so far ... Not even a release date! Worst pre order ever?!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Quite.................a total lack of details if you're expected to be paying ÂŁ35-40k on a car! :(
Sponsored