Sponsored

Headers smoking

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
To start I have a 2016 GT PP with 21k Miles.

For the past week or two I have noticed a burning smell (Smells like burning rubber mixed with smoldering engine oil) at stop lights when i have the windows down or have the A/C pulling in air from out side. This morning I noticed faint smoke coming from my driver side wheel well. when i got to work I popped the hood and checked for anything smoking, sure enough I see smoke coming off the driver-side header to the rear of the dip stick tube.

The only mods I have a wheels and tires so I don't think there should be a problem with a warranty claim. the only issue is that the smell comes and goes so I am thinking whatever is causing it is coming and going as-well.

Has anyone seen this? I think oil is somehow dripping onto the header....Is there anything I can check before I take it in to Ford?
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Most likely leaking from the bottom part of the valve cover and just drips directly onto the header. No other oil leak would hit them.

OP
OP

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Most likely leaking from the bottom part of the valve cover and just drips directly onto the header. No other oil leak would hit them.

Just got a better look at. Found oil on the manifold toward the rear of the . block. You can see it in this picture, oil right were the header bolts up to the block cylinder 8 I think. http://imgur.com/a/9a6jZ.

I have an appointment set up at ford tomorrow. I will update how it goes, hopefully it is covered under warranty.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
interesting...I've been getting this burning smell but it's real intermittent, not a run hard/hot smell but times I've pulled in the garage and get out it gets your attention like there's an issue. Popping the hood I've never found smoke, brakes and wheels are pretty cool to the touch, just never found a reason for the smell. I'll check those valve cover bolts.

Sponsored

OP
OP

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Ford confirmed that the driver side valve cover was leaking, they will replace the gasket. all covered under warranty.