Sponsored

Front Splitter Gaurds

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
So I removed my front spitter today and lower belly pan in preparation to take my car to the dealer Saturday morning for the oil line recall. While I have the splitter off I installed these today I am tired of scaping and damaging my splitter constantly even with careful driving some driveways etc are too steep and the splitter just scrapes. The scraping is mainly isolated to the rivets but there a couple of places that are lower than others so I added them strategically as best as possible. The company recommends putting them all on the front edge but since the front edge is not really scrapping I put them were I think they will be best.

I know it will probably sound worse than it is and will actually probably cause a little more scraping but I am ok with it as long as the splitter is no longer being scrapped.

They are from ZL1 Racing
ZL1 Splitter Gaurds-1.JPG
ZL1 Splitter Gaurds-2.JPG
ZL1 Splitter Gaurds-3.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: H6G

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
How hard are they to put in?

And, since they are there for the express purpose of getting smacked, do they look like they will hold up, pull out, or (worse) maybe even facilitate the tearing of the splitter, even if only locally?

OP
OP
Offboost

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How hard are they to put in?

And, since they are there for the express purpose of getting smacked, do they look like they will hold up, pull out, or (worse) maybe even facilitate the tearing of the splitter, even if only locally?
They are installed by drilling a 1/8 inch hole then use the self tapping screws to install. I thought about what you are saying but since the they are beveled I don't think they will catch on anything. On the very front middle I put a speed nut on it to give it a little extra support just in case it gets caught on a parking stop.

If you really wanted to get fancy you could drill out all the rivets and install them in those locations with a small fender washer and nut on the inside but it may be overkill. I will see how they work out over the next month or so then I will have a better idea of how ell they work out, wish we could put polyurethane wheels under it like the old C5 corvettes from back in the day.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
These are great. Saved my splitter a bunch of times. Made by ZL1 Addons. Pretty cheap investment for the added protection you get. If you buy some Use Hansologt350 at checkout for 5% off your order

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@ Offboost... thank you for the pics.
Just ordered a set.... Scraping is definitely a problem. I figure that these carbon steel washers should last, while protecting the rivets.

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
i have a set but haven't installed yet, one thing is for sure these will be invaluable once the FP lowering spring group order comes in... maybe in a parallel thread there should be a group order for these!

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
LOL that's what my license plate bracket is for. It scrapes long before the splitter

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Lose the Sto N Sho asap. Craig's FTW.
Na, I'll stick with the Sho N Sto. I actually like the fact that it mounts lower than the splitter. It's a good "tell tale" on the front end. All my rivets on the bottom side of the splitter look brand new.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Na, I'll stick with the Sho N Sto. I actually like the fact that it mounts lower than the splitter. It's a good "tell tale" on the front end. All my rivets on the bottom side of the splitter look brand new.

Good point. That is a perspective I had not considered.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Offboost

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is how the ZL1 splitter protectors are holding up after 6 months of daily driving they have taken a beating but still look good also the rivets still took a few scrapes as well but none of ZL1 pieces have came loose! They are lower so you hear them scraping but the splitter still looks about the same.
DSC05251.JPG
DSC05253.JPG

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Still havenā€™t installed mine on my R, surprisingly I rarely scrape and DD most days including kid drop at schools.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
@ Offboost... thank you for the pics.
Just ordered a set.... Scraping is definitely a problem. I figure that these carbon steel washers should last, while protecting the rivets.
I was in Orlando taxiing past H6 on G and the sign read "H6G"...... Coincidence? Is that where the loot is buried? (x marks the spot) ;)

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I put them on my R splitter before my trackday this past weekend

The stock hardware imo is junk, too long of screws.

I put them about a 1/2 or less around the leading edge on the left and right side. I got shorter ss self tapping screws instead.

Thanks to that my splitter is still pristine.

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I was in Orlando taxiing past H6 on G and the sign read "H6G"...... Coincidence? Is that where the loot is buried? (x marks the spot) ;)
Iā€™ve never thought that anyone here would ever ā€˜decodeā€™ this.... ;)
Sponsored