Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
attachment.jpg

UPDATE July 12, 2014:
Whipple has released pricing ($7650) on its 2015 Mustang 5.0 Supercharger

UPDATED March 26, 2014
: Added details Whipple has sent to Mustang6G:

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Always on the cutting edge of technology, Whipple Superchargers wants to share a few teaser pics of the CAD images of what’s coming for the 2015 5.0L Coyote-based applications (such as the Ford Mustang & F150).

The All-New Whipple Supercharger System features the industry leading front feed 2.9L Whipple twin-screw compressor, which significantly outflows the older style rear feed based superchargers. With as much as 280 additional ponies at the touch of the throttle, the new Whipple system will certainly be setting the industry standard.

The Whipple W175FFAX Twin-Screw Supercharger System reaches 99% volumetric efficiency and features Whipple’s massive oversized air-to-water intercooler for unmatched cooling capacity. The unique intercooled bypass system offers better acceleration and less than 1hp of consumption during cruising for excellent fuel economy. The system also includes high-flow fuel injectors, aluminum high flow intake manifold, and an oversized intercooler reservoir. While others claim, Whipple Superchargers simply delivers more power per pound of boost than any other supercharger on the market today!

• An estimated 700HP with 91-octane fuel
  • No other upgrades required, just massive power right out of the box, more HP per PSI than any other system
  • Front entry W175ax (2.9 liters) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outperforms competitions 1.9L and 2.3L roots-type systems
  • 26% more displacement then Eaton 2.3L supercharger
  • Integrated Crusher™ 170mm oval inlet
  • Integrated Crusher™ 170mm oval inlet
  • Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercooler with 15% more square area then previous generation
  • Massive aluminum intercooler reservoir holds more than double the IC water then previous generation
  • Whipple Superchargers massive oversized intercooled air-bypass system for industry leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy
  • Self-contained oversized oil system for dramatically reduced oil temps in even the most demanding conditions
  • One-turn turn inlet allows for decreased induction losses when compared to rear inlet systems and 180deg bends
  • Center discharge port for better cylinder to cylinder distribution then other twin-screws with cobbled together billet adapters and forward facing discharge
  • Discharge down design allows for less pressure loss which gives more power at lower boost levels
  • Top mount design allows for cooler operation then upside down SC's that conduct heat from engine and are trapped by runners and covers, causing hotter manifold temps and less power per pound of boost
  • More boost at the "hit" than any other twin-screw
  • Flat torque curve for incredible acceleration
  • Oversized heat exchanger for incredible intercooler water temps
  • 65lb/hr high flow fuel injectors included
  • Proven 6-rib belt system with adjustable idler system for easy belt changes and multiple pulley configurations
  • Optional race 10-rib belt system
  • Stainless steel jack-shaft with unique plastic cover (or optional carbon fiber) for increased safety
  • OEM quick connect fittings for easy installation, no ugly brass or steel fittings on the SC
  • Complete kits, Tuner kits and Hot Rod kits are available
  • Available in wrinkle black, polish or any custom color
  • Easily upgradeable with big cold air intakes and bigger throttle bodies
  • Optional 5-year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty

Original post:

This popped up on Ford Racing's Facebook page this morning. Apparently they are releasing some info on the 15th of every month. I post it just as it was shown on Facebook....take it for what it's worth and make up you own mind what it means.

As promised, here's your '15 on the 15th update: A sneak peek at the Ford Racing super charger development for the 2015 Ford Mustang GT 5.0.

Check back on the 15th of every month for more great insider looks at the '15 Ford Mustang.

2015mustangsupercharger.jpg
Sponsored

Spart302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT350R
I could be blind or just ingnorant but I'm guessing we will be seeing direct injection as I don't see any injectors

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I could be blind or just ingnorant but I'm guessing we will be seeing direct injection as I don't see any injectors

The silver fuel rail is clearly visible below and to the right of the back supercharger case.

The injectors themselves are black with a grey connector. You can see them near the green/white wire over the passenger valvecover.

Spart302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT350R
The silver fuel rail is clearly visible below and to the right of the back supercharger case.

The injectors themselves are black with a grey connector. You can see them near the green/white wire over the passenger valvecover.
Thank you I see them now. On another note I wonder what power levels they are shooting for since the last ones made 525 and 624

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
We still don't know the base performance numbers. You can make pretty much any kind of power once you get into forced induction, the only limiting factors are time and money.

Dyno

Very interesting. Thanks for posting Sabre. Think it is too early for this to be development of the future GT500 replacement?

Anyhow glad to see they are already hard at work at FI for the S550. 15th of April will fall right before the NY auto show. I wonder if we see a sneak peek of something solid from Ford Racing.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Thanks for sharing and good point Dyno. A couple of days before the 17th and they could throw us another bone. :)

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I can't wait. I'll go TVS and let Justin at vmp work his magic on this one also. I love love love my current one with his pully and tune

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Someone with a better knowledge of the current SC'd Trinity let me know, does this setup look a little taller or about the same as the old one? Thanks. :)

Sponsored

alexx205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
new evidence a '15 SVT model to be supercharged!?

Hi guys, I saw a pic released by Ford Racing on their Facebook page, them stating to work on a supercharged 2015 5.0.
I know, Ford Racing is not exactly SVT, but... what to think of this :shrug:

This is what they wrote:

"As promised, here's your '15 on the 15th update: A sneak peek at the Ford Racing super charger development for the 2015 Ford Mustang GT 5.0.
Check back on the 15th of every month for more great insider looks at the '15 Ford Mustang." - Ford Racing (on Facebook)
1926306_10152212915113820_456413664_o.jpg

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Someone with a better knowledge of the current SC'd Trinity let me know, does this setup look a little taller or about the same as the old one? Thanks. :)
Hard to tell but i took the pic to the garage. This could very well be a 11-14 5.0. The fuel rail height to supercharger flange and supercharger height to motor look same as my 11.

So, either this isn't a "new 15 kit" or the same setup will fit the 15.

alexx205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
(Oops, didn't look in this section, if it was already posted...)

You'r probably right, just "aftermarket" development by Ford Racing.
Sponsored