Sponsored

TRIPLE YELLOW S550 MUSTANG Thread

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Tint be done. 5% rear, 5% front eyebrow, 20% sides.
Looks great! How accurate would you say your camera is at capturing Triple Yellow? It seems like an impossible color to pick up. On my calibrated monitor, the pics around here range from "yellow-green neon" to "pale and creamy" to "intense with a hint of orange."

Also, how would you rate the color's depth? I'm hoping it's not too flat and that I'll melt where I stand after applying a good layer of carnauba. :)

5.0-PoPo

Live Free or Die
Threads
Reaction score
Looks great! How accurate would you say your camera is at capturing Triple Yellow? It seems like an impossible color to pick up. On my calibrated monitor, the pics around here range from "yellow-green neon" to "pale and creamy" to "intense with a hint of orange."

Also, how would you rate the color's depth? I'm hoping it's not too flat and that I'll melt where I stand after applying a good layer of carnauba. :)
I've seen a couple TY's in person and got to drive one yesterday and all I can say is they are just YELLOW, Not orange/green (insert any other color or hue). They are NOT pale. Even using my Nikon D4, shooting raw and processing through Adobe LR, the color was still not perfect. All I can recommend is for you to close your eyes and imagine pure YELLOW, that will be the closest you get until you see it in person. There are a few pics that are close, but none have nailed it 100%*

*in my opinion :)

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
All I can recommend is for you to close your eyes and imagine pure YELLOW, that will be the closest you get until you see it in person.
Thanks! That's very helpful.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
I've seen a couple TY's in person and got to drive one yesterday and all I can say is they are just YELLOW, Not orange/green (insert any other color or hue). They are NOT pale. Even using my Nikon D4, shooting raw and processing through Adobe LR, the color was still not perfect. All I can recommend is for you to close your eyes and imagine pure YELLOW, that will be the closest you get until you see it in person. There are a few pics that are close, but none have nailed it 100%*

^ THIS! I wouldn't be surprised if it was exactly or very close to the RGB or CMYK code(s) for pure yellow.

Sponsored

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT

^ THIS! I wouldn't be surprised if it was exactly or very close to the RGB or CMYK code(s) for pure yellow.
Thanks! I have a color calibrated monitor as well and have had the devils time figuring out this color. All the folks saying this is neither pale nor reddish/orangeish have made me very exited. I've really wanted a PURE TRUE (but RICH and DEEP) yellow, and this seems to be it. It's the holy grail of paints really - Its extremely difficult to do true yellow - I've hardly seen it. The Camaro yellow is too pale (velocity yellow), past Mustang yellows were orangeish, goldish or too pale (zinc yellow) and I feel Prosche's yellow is a tad on the pale side as well.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
This was at my local dealer today:

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Ugh, what horrible stripes!

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Ugh, what horrible stripes!
Agreed, and I told the installer this. He has stripped several of my cars I bought from them. I told him to stop using the same old stripe packages on the new car and come up with an original design. I think I aggravated him. My salesman told me the guy has free rein to be original. He failed.

On the positive side... TY is GORGEOUS in person

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've really wanted a PURE TRUE (but RICH and DEEP) yellow, and this seems to be it.
That's my hope. It's been difficult to keep the faith due to the variegated pics, but I'm really trying to hang in there. :)

Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
You can say that again
He was starting to stripe a Race Red V6 while I was there so I went to watch. After I annoyed him with my comment he stopped until I walked away.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Agreed, and I told the installer this. He has stripped several of my cars I bought from them. I told him to stop using the same old stripe packages on the new car and come up with an original design. I think I aggravated him. My salesman told me the guy has free rein to be original. He failed.

I'm curious - who's the dealer doing the striping? All I can see is the street number 9090D on the door.

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase

any way to find out the wheel and tire size and brand of wheel?
Sponsored