Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
[ame]
Sponsored

StangFX

Cool video. I'm glad Ford is slowly releasing stuff about the S550's design, testing and development.

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
Do you think these videos were filmed during the actual design process and are just being released now or did they just go back to the old models and film a few shorts for YouTube after the release.

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
They just went back to the old models to film a few shorts for YouTube after the release.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Actually it's a combination. They filmed them working in the studio's to document the design process and filmed the interviews later, then edited them together just for this purpose. They couldn't just go back to those old clay models because they are eventually covered with a 3-M Film called Di-Noc to simulate Painted Surfaces and Eventually the Clay Models are Destroyed. Sometimes a Fiberglass Mockup will survive, but those Bare Clay Models Never Survive.

Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I love seeing this stuff from a manufacturer. I wish they did more of the entire process and not just snippets.
I'm not a fan of so called reality tv with the exception being NFL Hardnocks. It would have been awesome if Ford created a series like that to document the development of the S550 program from start until sale. Imagine the buzz that would have created if it aired shortly before launch. Seriously if Flavor Flav had a reality show isn't the Mustang worthy?

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
I'm not a fan of so called reality tv with the exception being NFL Hardnocks. It would have been awesome if Ford created a series like that to document the development of the S550 program from start until sale. Imagine the buzz that would have created if it aired shortly before launch. Seriously if Flavor Flav had a reality show isn't the Mustang worthy?
NHL 24/7 is another good one. I think less reality tv and more documentary like Hardknocks.
Sponsored