Sponsored

2015 Ford Body Codes Show 2015 Mustang Models

zerot

My buddy just sent me this capture of the 2015 body code chart which lists the different order codes for each model. FRAP uses this to know which Mustang (and other vehicles) to build.

I circled the Mustang and you can see the most interesting part is it lists a Shelby coupe and convertible. Combined with our other info I guess it's probably the GT350. I asked why the EB4 is missing and he said it'll be an upgrade engine (and code) from the base.

ADMIN EDIT - As pointed out by a member, the omission of the I4 EcoBoost Mustang could be explained in this way:
i4 is base model everywhere other than US. It is still base model here too. There isn't going to be any special badges for it. Base model with an engine choice. There is going to be a Mustang then a Mustang GT. The Mustang you will have the choice of a v6 or i4 then you will get to choose automatic or manual.
2015-Ford-Mustang-coupe-AeroCurtains.jpg
2015bodycodetypes.jpg
Sponsored

Lavien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Good interesting find. It's looking more and more like the Shelby name isn't going away anytime soon.

This mean the I4 will be an upgrade option or some kind of special package like a turbo or ecoboost package on top of the base?

OP
OP

PremiumT

Are we sure these aren't the 2014 codes?

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Are we sure these aren't the 2014 codes?
It says 2015 model year codes at the top.

Wonder if we will see the reveal of the Shelby/GT350 on April 17th?

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
This info matches what Trolls56 posted. It's looking more likely he was correct. I'll do it so you don't have to say "I told you so". Get ready to take a bow sir.

Sponsored

Gman11Gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
They should have a Shelby Tribute edition after his passing and then bring back Mach1 or Cobra after that.

OP
OP

NRMStand

This info matches what Trolls56 posted. It's looking more likely he was correct. I'll do it so you don't have to say "I told you so". Get ready to take a bow sir.
I caught that too. Very keen observation and it seems to have been confirmed with this.

i4 is base model everywhere other than US. It is still base model here too. There isn't going to be any special badges for it. Base model with an engine choice. There is going to be a Mustang then a Mustang GT. The Mustang you will have the choice of a v6 or i4 then you will get to choose automatic or manual. Funny thing to me is the guys that keep trying to say the I4 is not base are either Chevy guys or import guys. There is also a difference between a base model GT and a Premium GT. Maybe in Chevy land base model means different things.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/sales-numbers-and-1221.html?p=25153

OP
OP

GTsquid

It could use the same codes or be a placeholder since production hasn't actually started? Also doesn't list the Boss 302.

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
It says 2015 model year codes at the top.

Wonder if we will see the reveal of the Shelby/GT350 on April 17th?
That's what I was thinking. Seems likely that the GT350 will be released at the same time as the others. I think Ford still has quite a bit up their sleeve.

Sponsored

mustangletback

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 droptop mustang
That's what I was thinking. Seems likely that the GT350 will be released at the same time as the others. I think Ford still has quite a bit up their sleeve.
i think you are right.i think FORD has looked passed the CRAPMARO.:lol:

OP
OP

J.Darcy

Color me surprised. I would've bet money the GT350 would be without the Shelby name attached to it.

You guys think there's any chance this could be the GT500 with a carryover engine (hence the quicker launch date)?

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
No need for that. I had no inside info just going off what I thought would happen.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Color me surprised. I would've bet money the GT350 would be without the Shelby name attached to it.

You guys think there's any chance this could be the GT500 with a carryover engine (hence the quicker launch date)?

We still have no idea what models will be revealed when and what their names will be. These body codes are the exact same as previous years so we haven't actually learned anything here.

OP
OP

GTsquid

We still have no idea what models will be revealed when and what their names will be. These body codes are the exact same as previous years so we haven't actually learned anything here.
And what would we have learned if the body codes were different? They're totally meaningless to anyone but Ford.

What we have learned (if this is real and accurate) like the other screenshot in another thread, is that there will be a Shelby for MY 2015. We also know from this that the I4 is probably just an engine upgrade over the base and therefore unlikely to get its own badge.
Sponsored