Sponsored

October 2013 Mustang Sales (and vs. Camaro & Challenger)

Enator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby 2011
October 2013 Delivery (sales):

Mustang October 2013 Deliveries (actual sales): 6,918 30% (Pr Ye)

Compared to Competition:

Camaro October 2013 Delivery (sales): 5,669 11% (Pr Ye)
Challenger October 2013 Delivery (sales): 3,256 21% (Pr Ye)
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
9.png
10.png
Sponsored

GTsquid

Wow! +30%

Definitely did not expect that.... not too shabby Mustang, not too shabby.

Thanks for the great charts as always, Enator.

Mriley

Queue comments that S550 renders/spy photos pushed many into buying a 2014.... ;)

Seriously tho, good numbers across the board for all 3. The Mustang even within shouting distance of April's sales total is impressive.

crazyfastfreddy

Usually gets killed in Oct too.

I dunno how the challenger keeps going up and up, they got over 25% market share now

stangray11

The '14 refresh doesn't look to be working as well as Chevy hoped. They can't be thrilled with these numbers, being topped by the Mustang right before a big redesign.

Sponsored

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Surprising numbers indeed. No doubt in part to current incentives and dealers willing to negotiate to get these off the lots.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Those sales need to be higher... It could be a decent winter for sales.

Remaining 2014 Mustangs
Remaining 2010-2013 Camaro's

Fire sale!!!

Maestro5.0

These numbers have been flip flopping all year long so I wouldn't celebrate quite yet. As someone said it could be partly or mostly be due to incentives or dealers trying to push it off lots in anticipation of what they think is coming soon. Still, the S197 numbers in its last year are not terrible, but they are gonna need to do a LOT better starting next year. If the S550 can't thoroughly take the lead for a few years, at least until the Alpha Camaro, it will be big problems in Dearborn.

Sponsored

Maestro5.0

Somebody's getting fired:lol:
More like the Mustang would get fired. I posed that hypothetically lightly, I don't see it happening.

We generally have a good idea of the design already and have whispers from insiders that suggest the ride is much better. The design doesn't suck and the handling is greatly improved.... all bodes well for much improved sales. The rest of the holdouts will bolster sales in the later years when their newly purchased 13-14's start feeling dated and the S550's styling grow on them.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
The '14 refresh doesn't look to be working as well as Chevy hoped. They can't be thrilled with these numbers, being topped by the Mustang right before a big redesign.

I just saw a '14 Camaro yesterday. I really have no idea what Chevy was thinking with those Honda Prelude tail lights and the squinty grille. Really a terrible refresh if you ask me. But I'm sure some people will still like it.

Donky

lurker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Description of Your Car(s)
I just saw a '14 Camaro yesterday. I really have no idea what Chevy was thinking with those Honda Prelude tail lights and the squinty grille. Really a terrible refresh if you ask me. But I'm sure some people will still like it.
Wow! Those taillights are horrible. I saw one about a month back and thought it was a '13 model with trashy aftermarket taillights. I had no idea they were the factory pieces. Agreed: no idea what Chevy was smoking.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
Yep I bet the 14 slowmaro look had a lot to do with it. So ugly
Sponsored