Sponsored

September 2013 Mustang Sales and Production Figures (and vs. Camaro & Challenger)

Enator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby 2011
September 2013 Delivery (sales):

Mustang September 2013 Deliveries (actual sales): 4,420 0% (Pr Ye) :shrug:

Compared to Competition:

Camaro September 2013 Delivery (sales): 5,659 0% (Pr Ye) :shrug:
Challenger September 2013 Delivery (sales): 3,932 22% (Pr Ye) :headbang:
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
9.png
10.png
Sponsored

GTsquid

Hmm well could've been worse and honestly I was expecting it to be. Man Challenger is on fiyah!

Thanks as usual for the graphs and info, Enator.

stangray11

Challenger should overtake Mustang in sales next month or two, very impressive. Perfect timing for a new model.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I'm surprised the Challenger is so strong. It's received the least amount of updates since release.

KZStang

Flat is about as good as Ford can expect right now. I'm sure they are happy about that.

I doubt Chevy is happy about 0% +/- though. Not what you want to see after a refresh. Looks like Challenger may be stealing some sales.

Sponsored

StangFX

Thanks for sharing these Enator. I like the new market share data.

We all know the Mustang will eat up some market share when the 2015 starts selling. It'll be interesting to see which sales it steals more of, Camaro, Challenger or maybe a new group of buyers altogether and the market for pony cars expands.

NRMStand

You know all things considered & big picture.....

Since April 2009, Camaro only has a 4.1% market share lead on the Mustang. This after coming back into the game 4 years into the S197. Really not bad.

Time to flip the switch on them.

Honesty

town crier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i
A buddy of mine just put in an order. The 2014 GT Premium has about $4,000 worth of incentives on it. I figure they're trying to clear out inventory before the 50th anniversary edition of the S197 rolls out prior to the release of the S550.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
A buddy of mine just put in an order. The 2014 GT Premium has about $4,000 worth of incentives on it. I figure they're trying to clear out inventory before the 50th anniversary edition of the S197 rolls out prior to the release of the S550.
If you like the current model it's a great time to buy as long as it's not a Shelby. They're still trying to milk those for every dollar. Surprisingly the Boss is holding very high value at auction.

Sponsored

Honesty

town crier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i
If you like the current model it's a great time to buy as long as it's not a Shelby. They're still trying to milk those for every dollar. Surprisingly the Boss is holding very high value at auction.
I agree that now is THE time to pick one up as the year comes to a wrap. I think December is going to be sell city on Ford lots.

Also it's like every day I see another GT500 driving down the road around here. No question the Boss 302 and (possible) last Shelbies are going to be valuable for a long time after the new model drops.

Mach1

I don't know about that. I'm thinking there are better deals to be had still. All this talk of S550 production starting in late summer 2014 would mean the S197 still has many many months to go.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I don't know about that. I'm thinking there are better deals to be had still. All this talk of S550 production starting in late summer 2014 would mean the S197 still has many many months to go.
I thought production of the 2014 ends in November?

Mach1

I thought production of the 2014 ends in November?
Lots of rumors saying otherwise and I wouldn't put my money on it ending when it typically does. But who knows.

It could last until a 2014.5 based on whatever platform is released which I assume would be early next year, or it could just go straight through until the 2015's go on sale mid-year.

Rob

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
If they start throwing out some serious rebates on the current model I might have to pick one up.
Sponsored