Sponsored

August 2013 Mustang Sales and Production Figures (and vs. Camaro & Challenger)

Enator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby 2011
August 2013 Delivery (sales):

Mustang August 2013 Deliveries (actual sales): 5,866 -22% (Pr Ye) :headbonk:

Compared to Competition:

Camaro August 2013 Delivery (sales): 8,875 33% (Pr Ye) :headbang:
Challenger August 2013 Delivery (sales):4,392 33% :love:
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
Sponsored

GTsquid

Yikes..... there goes all hopes of besting the Camaro in sales this year.

Was May just a total anomaly?

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I know we are expecting to see these kinds of numbers, but wow that's quite low.

It will be interesting to see what things we see and hear over the next month because of this data.

Sponsored

Melino

I hate to say it but there's obviously still a good ways to drop if you look at the same time period last year even with a refresh.

Challenger sales are going to be very close to Mustang in the next few months it looks like.

Diesel

My guess is that a good deal of buyers of '13 Camaros due to the unpopular refresh design.

Either way those are some awful numbers. I agree I have no idea how they expect to keep things together with a badged 50th anniversary S197 until July production (as latest rumors suggest) and Aug/Sept production for the S550.

There's got to be something else going on here.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Don't worry.............seeing as so many on here don't seem to like the "Fusion styling" or the fact it may not lose weight, S197 sales in early 2014 will go through the roof :p

KZStang

Don't worry.............seeing as so many on here don't seem to like the "Fusion styling" or the fact it may not lose weight, S197 sales in early 2014 will go through the roof :p
From what I could tell most on here seemed to like the design compared to what I have seen elsewhere. Weight is another issue.... not a whole lot of subjectivity there. You either care or you dont.

I'm not that surprised about these sales numbers and I don't Ford is. Not happy about it but these are the last few months of a 9+ year running platform.

aardvark

I'm not that surprised about these sales numbers and I don't Ford is. Not happy about it but these are the last few months of a 9+ year running platform.
I'm not sure how accurate it is to say 'last few months' when some are claiming as many as 10 or 11 more months of the S197. Guess it depends on your definition of 'few.'

Sponsored

KZStang

I'm not sure how accurate it is to say 'last few months' when some are claiming as many as 10 or 11 more months of the S197. Guess it depends on your definition of 'few.'
That still doesn't change the fact that the 2014 has been on sale for 9-10 months now? or that the platform is in its 9th year so current sales figures are not surprising.

Also as far as most "regular" people are concerned it is the last few months. Even among enthusiasts only a small group have heard about the rumored delay.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Bad for Ford, good for me...as I don't see many 13-14's on the road. I get tons of stares and compliments on mine. Popular cars get stale fast.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Fixed that for ya.

Fans? That's a matter of opinion. I have a 2009 z06 (weekend warrior) as well, it's outdated looking imo but it's still fun to drive. Just as much as the mustang.

StangFX

So are you saying you're not a Mustang fan? Or that somehow Mustang sales being in the toilet is good for you?
Sponsored