Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
[ame]
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Ugh just look at that panel gap on the front fascia! ;)
That gap is there, because the hood is being propped up. Notice the doors are resting on hangers too..? That hasn't even been painted yet and far from assembly.

During assembly, wheels get put on the car, before the doors do.

Sponsored

brendon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
brendon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
This entire thread is garbage and typical new model year hate circle jerk. Here is a summary of all 450+ pages of garbage that didn't need to exist:

-"Eww the front end"
-People freak out over a $2,900 price difference between a 2017 and 2018 (Base model + PP) despite getting 460hp, 7,500k redline, better tires, better safety equipment, better electronics, better gas mileage, etc.
-More new model bashing because people are insecure over the new model being objectively better
-"How can you spend $xx,xxx on a car?????!!!?!?!?!?!!?"
-"Eww the front end"
-"I know what people want more than all the executives at Ford despite the Ford mustang dominating muscle car sales since 2011"
-people getting butthurt
-"Eww the front end"
-"blah blah Camero blah blah blah"
-long-winded arguments about body panel gaps
-"Eww the front end"
-"doesn't look look aggressive enough to offset my small junk and insecurities"
-"Eww the front end"
-Ford should have done this differently because I know more than an engineer"
-Old people talk about the good ole days when x car had authentic x material
-"Eww the front end"

World ends in 2018 confirmed!

Spirit Of Fire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Faster Horse
This entire thread is garbage and typical new model year hate circle jerk. Here is a summary of all 450+ pages of garbage that didn't need to exist:

-"Eww the front end"
-People freak out over a $2,900 price difference between a 2017 and 2018 (Base model + PP) despite getting 460hp, 7,500k redline, better tires, better safety equipment, better electronics, better gas mileage, etc.
-More new model bashing because people are insecure over the new model being objectively better
-"Eww the front end"
-"I know what people want more than all the executives at Ford despite the Ford mustang dominating muscle car sales since 2011"
-people getting butthurt
-"Eww the front end"
-"Eww the front end"
-"Eww the front end"
-"Eww the front end"

Its important for the community to make their voices heard, that’s how ford can know what their buyers want and what they can do differently. Feed back is great, wether positive or negative. That’s how the brand and their products becomes better. What you are doing is not constructive, no one likes a fan-boy.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
LMAO! So true but we largely (myself included) said the same thing about the 2015s. It is just the nature of change. Resistance followed by acceptance.

Sponsored

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
The only Mustang I have owned before was a 1966, and that was 15 years ago, so I don't have much to compare it to. Although I don't consider myself a "fanboy", I think all Mustangs have their pluses and minuses (even if the only obvious minus is cost).

That being said, I loved the rear end of the 2013 when it came out. But I can never forget someone saying later that the tail lights on the 2013-14 Mustang look like "they are wearing lipstick". Every time I see one, I am reminded of that comment.

I have a 2018 on order, and I am sure that there will be *something* in the design that someone else will make fun of or criticize, but I will love the car anyway.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes

-"Eww the front end"
-"Eww the front end"
-people getting butthurt
-"Eww the front end"
-"Eww the front end"
-"Eww the front end"
-"Eww the front end"

So you went to an internet forum and found it was full of the stuff that is typical on an internet forum. Have you ever done this before?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

-"Eww the front end"
-"Eww the front end"
-people getting butthurt
-"Eww the front end"
-"Eww the front end"
-"Eww the front end"
-"Eww the front end"

Welcome to the Internet.

FYI, I think I can speak for the vast majority of current S550 owners in saying that if they hadn't made the front end a mess, I'd be singing the praises of the 18 refresh. They added a ridiculous amount of new content/upgrades for a refresh, which would make it an instant hit but for the front end styling.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Saw a 2018 for the first time today; eww the front end :lol:
Sponsored