Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
It's not just rotation.

A car engineered to handle and brake very well, with the majority of it's weight on the front wheels..........and the front wheels are narrower?

C'mon Ford, stop with the aesthetic choices to engineering issues. And search "under-steer" on Youtube.

Morons.
That's not fair to single out Ford for this when every other manufacturer staggers the tires for their performance models also.
Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
It's not just rotation.

A car engineered to handle and brake very well, with the majority of it's weight on the front wheels..........and the front wheels are narrower?

C'mon Ford, stop with the aesthetic choices to engineering issues. And search "under-steer" on Youtube.

Morons.
When you accelerate, weight distribution is pushed to the rear. The stagger setup makes perfect sense with RWD. The wheels that place the power to the ground will end up getting most of the weight, thus it is better to have wider tires on the rear.

Spirit Of Fire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Faster Horse
When you accelerate, weight distribution is pushed to the rear. The stagger setup makes perfect sense with RWD. The wheels that place the power to the ground will end up getting most of the weight, thus it is better to have wider tires on the rear.
When it comes to handling, acceleration doesn't matter much. Having wide tires only in the back would make sense if you are building a car for drag racing, but if you want a car to also be able to turn and break properly, then you'd also need a very wide tires up front. When a front-engine car brakes, all its weight is shifted upfront along with the weight it already carries up front, making for a very under steer-y car with an unimpressive braking performance.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
C'mon Ford, stop with the aesthetic choices to engineering issues.
It's not an engineering issue if most of the people who purchase a Mustang are more interested in straight line drag racing over technical courses, its simply a business decision. And its not just Ford that does it...

It sucks being the tail, but the dog wags the tail not vice versa.

Pablo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
PP2 wheels 19x9.5 and 19x10 Dark Tarnish on PILOT SPORT CUP 2's
not available with black package in production trim
YES PLEASE. I want more sir.

That contrast looks good. Notice a GT350 track pack like spoiler. We need more info. Who can read those tire sizes? And those wheels look great like I expected.
Now the big question. Will they price it similar to the 1LE?

Sponsored

Since-64'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (soon)
YES PLEASE. I want more sir.

That contrast looks good. Notice a GT350 track pack like spoiler. We need more info. Who can read those tire sizes? And those wheels look great like I expected.
Now the big question. Will they price it similar to the 1LE?
Yeah that ^^^ Also, it would really suck if PP2 is an option only on the premium GT. I would like to see PP2 be available as an option on the base GT.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
PP2 comes in base and premium. The base gets cloth recaro option

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
When it comes to handling, acceleration doesn't matter much. Having wide tires only in the back would make sense if you are building a car for drag racing, but if you want a car to also be able to turn and break properly, then you'd also need a very wide tires up front. When a front-engine car brakes, all its weight is shifted upfront along with the weight it already carries up front, making for a very under steer-y car with an unimpressive braking performance.
I would say both the front and rear tires are quite wide. Night and day from my S197. The PP S550 has excellent handling compared to the old pony cars. If you planned to seriously track the car, you would ditch the stock wheels and tires anyway.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Is Ford ever going to address the rear window misalignment? :tsk: :shrug:
It's very odd that they have not. It is consistently as this picture, left side lower than the right. I don't think I have ever seen it the other way around. This makes me tend to believe there is an assembly error occurring on the line. Maybe the original engineering instructions to manufacturing called for the front of the rear window to be seated first, then lowering the back and someone decided that installing left to right was easier than front to back. It's like the bumper to fender gap, that seems to always be on the left rear, rarely on the right rear. Something is being done wrong. FIX IT.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Ford needs to fix it! That is just unacceptable!!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Yeah, that's why I took that picture. It's laughable that this still is a problem. Actually I don't believe they will fix that for the production model :tsk:
Sponsored