JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Now available to everyone!

Non Painted ($204)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UN-PAINTED-...ler-/172485502042?vxp=mtr&hash=item2828efe45a

Painted ($284)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAINTED-201...ler-/172485493662?vxp=mtr&hash=item2828efc39e

I have to say for it's price range, this is the best looking spoiler :thumbsup:
PERFECT FIT!

As some of you may know, I have been waiting for this spoiler for over a year now, and I have been in contact with WingTech ever since to get this going, but because the coupe's trunk is different than the convertible's, it took longer than expected.

The install was very simple, measure 100 times, drill once. Finding the center was relatively easy by using my satellite antennae and my 3rd brake light. It's getting both ends perfectly even that took a bit more time. I was just measuring a million times until I was satisfied that it is even enough, although you could just eyeball it and no one would be able tell the difference.

I'm not sure if a template will be released with the final product, but you really don't need one. Now that I have installed this solo, I would probably prefer to do it again without a template. I used a Step Drill Bit until I could fit the screw through, and used the same bit to open up holes big enough for my socket to fit through from inside the trunk. Applied silicone around the holes outside before placing wing on.
[ame]

This spoiler really looks like it BELONGS on the convertible.
I will keep this thread updated and let you know when it's released
IMG_6779.jpg
IMG_6780.jpg
California Special Spoiler Measurements.jpg
Spoiler Drilled Holes.jpg
IMG_6796.jpg
IMG_6797.jpg
IMG_6798.jpg
IMG_6799.jpg
IMG_6800.jpg
IMG_6810.jpg
IMG_6802.jpg
IMG_6801.jpg
IMG_6806.jpg
IMG_6809.jpg
IMG_6814.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
PERFECT FIT!

As some of you may know, I have been waiting for this spoiler for over a year now, and I have been in contact with WingTech ever since to get this going, but because the coupe's trunk is different than the convertible's, it took longer than expected.

The install was very simple, measure 100 times, drill once. Finding the center was relatively easy by using my satellite antennae and my 3rd brake light. It's getting both ends perfectly even that took a bit more time. I was just measuring a million times until I was satisfied that it is even enough, although you could just eyeball it and no one would be able tell the difference.

I'm not sure if a template will be released with the final product, but you really don't need one. Now that I have installed this solo, I would probably prefer to do it again without a template. I used a Step Drill Bit until I could fit the screw through, and used the same bit to open up holes big enough for my socket to fit through from inside the trunk. Applied silicone around the holes outside before placing wing on.

This spoiler really looks like it BELONGS on the convertible.
I will keep this thread updated and let you know when it's released
FINALLY!!!!!:) Good for you Bud:thumbsup:

Looks just like mine.. Great looking fit.:D

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Just for a comparison.;)

This is the closest angle I have of mine to compare to yours...

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Okay Wesley, I like the look. and it it doesn't overpower the car with the top down. But damn that looks like a tedious process!.. Props to you for going for it anyway.

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Okay Wesley, I like the look. and it it doesn't overpower the car with the top down. But damn that looks like a tedious process!.. Props to you for going for it anyway.
This is actually easier than a lot of mods I've done, because it's so damn simple. The majority of my time was spent measuring over and over and over again, because I was scared :lol: but once I started drilling, I was done in minutes.

Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Happy you finally got your wing! Unfortunately, my car came with the lame factory spoiler and this would have left holes so I went with the Foose wing but I have always been a fan of pedestal spoilers. Thanks for helping to get this to market!

Pintoracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
15 V6 051A Deep Impact Blue Reverse sensors
Good job!!! Looks great.

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert

Sponsored

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
That is a great deal :thumbsup:

I'll never have it :( but I'm hoping that the new 2018 one will fit the verts and it looks like it will cover the OEM holes

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I actually like that wing... maybe the first or second one I've seen that I did not feel repulsed by... lol

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Very nice. Although the actual GT/CS spoiler has separate spacers that's made from a unpainted plastic between the spoiler and the trunk lid. But your is pretty close.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Happy you finally got your wing! Unfortunately, my car came with the lame factory spoiler and this would have left holes so I went with the Foose wing but I have always been a fan of pedestal spoilers. Thanks for helping to get this to market!
That is a great deal :thumbsup:

I'll never have it :( but I'm hoping that the new 2018 one will fit the verts and it looks like it will cover the OEM holes
Are we sure this wing won't cover the oem holes?
Sponsored