Ford
2015 Mustang S550 - Wheels (1).jpg

2015 Mustang S550 - Wheels (2).jpg

2015 Mustang S550 - Wheels (3).jpg

** SUMMARY **

Screen Shot 2013-07-17 at 10.25.47 PM.jpg

Sponsored

Ricky35

Not bad... front lights are too thin and rear looks too much like current model but I kinda like it otherwise.

Hope that Detroit reveal date holds true that would mean we only have to wait 5-6 more months. And where's the 'tease out' Ford?? :D

The article didn't say where they got their info from, anyone know how good and reliable a source this magazine is?

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Current 2.0 Ecoboost has 184kw in the Focus ST. A 2.3 would comfortably make close to 300hp [some rumours suggest up to 360hp for Focus RS] and with the best balance ever experienced in a Mustang I predict it will be very popular and eat into many V6 sales, especially if it's priced the same.

They're also wrong about the 5.8 litre - there won't be one.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
There's a rumour suggesting FPV (Ford Performance Vehicles) will be discontinued when the last Falcon arrives next year, which could mean no hero Falcon GT or GTHO until maybe a year later, in 2015. That may or may not wear the FPV badge.

There are also rumours that when Mustang does arrive it will wear an FPV badge but my problem with that rumour is Mustang has always been it's own brand; we know it's a Ford but hasn't worn a Ford badge for how long? If Ford Australia is moving more in line with One Ford would they taint Mustang's heritage by displaying this badge?

Sponsored

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
Curious why, if this article is right, they would choose to wait until April to open orders (which is what I assume they mean by "launch") if it is already showing in January. Gotta think the 2014 orders will get crushed after it shows. 7 months -that's a lot of time they've left from reveal to production.

Melino

Current 2.0 Ecoboost has 184kw in the Focus ST. A 2.3 would comfortably make close to 300hp [some rumours suggest up to 360hp for Focus RS] and with the best balance ever experienced in a Mustang I predict it will be very popular and eat into many V6 sales, especially if it's priced the same.

They're also wrong about the 5.8 litre - there won't be one.
I would be surprised to see it wear the FPV badge.
If you don't think 5.8L for it, what are you guys expecting? Something along the lines of the 5.2L voodoo we've heard about?

BTW I feel like I've seen these renders somewhere or something similar. Not sure how I feel about it, there's parts I like and others I don't. Very sporty look.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
I would be surprised to see it wear the FPV badge.
If you don't think 5.8L for it, what are you guys expecting? Something along the lines of the 5.2L voodoo we've heard about?

BTW I feel like I've seen these renders somewhere or something similar. Not sure how I feel about it, there's parts I like and others I don't. Very sporty look.
I see it like any other model in the Ford range, meaning I think we'll get whatever Ford US want to make in RHD, and that includes the 4, 6, and 8 cylinder vehicles, as well as the Special/Limited Editions, if they also allocate some in RHD.

A lot of effort has gone into that render, but as always the final product will differ, which in this case I'm glad it will.

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I don't know, my BS alarm is flipping out over this one.

For starters, the render up front isn't "borrowing" Evos cues, it is pretty much all Evos.

The rear, look familiar?

From there the credibility just slipped. It seems like they took some wild rumors (such as stuffing that supercharged 5.8 of a beast from the current GT500) when we all know going forward that European crash test standards are changing the profile of the front lowering how high an engine can sit. They threw in a few things that we all to believe practically confirmed (IRS) and that's about it. We've also heard the Mustang will have its own identity and be very much Mustang, which would be difficult to do with borrowing heavily from the Evos.

Until I see some other sources come out to verify this information I'm calling it BUNK.

JackHoya

I dont care much about the render since it's all left up to interpretation. You can describe "tauter flanks" "tapered glasshouse" and "defined shoulders" and still get completely different renders come out of it, but yea that rear is a total hack job. The front view does give it a distinctly roadster look which some have suggested.

I will say I don't think the 5.8 is entirely impossible but that's because i don't see it coming out for another 1-2 years especially outside the U.S. (IF at all). They could simply raise the hood to fit the supercharger if that's the only prob. The 250hp would be a very conservative tune for the 2.3L. It'll be interesting to see how it sells in here in the states.

Sponsored

KZStang

Curious why, if this article is right, they would choose to wait until April to open orders (which is what I assume they mean by "launch") if it is already showing in January. Gotta think the 2014 orders will get crushed after it shows. 7 months -that's a lot of time they've left from reveal to production.
IF they open orders in April and start production in July, that would actually be on par with, and maybe even a little less lead time, than usual. Ford will want to capture all the remaining sales of the s197 before opening up orders for the next gen. Either way, come January, Ford will not be so concerned with 2014 sales, even if it takes a hit. The focus will be completely on building up demand for the 2015.

bullets

If true, that will mean the new F150 debuts in New York. I find this really hard to believe they want any spotlight sharing between these 2 major launches with all the hoopla of an official S550 launch on NY's media day, a day before the new F150 is shown.

Vickstang

If true, that will mean the new F150 debuts in New York. I find this really hard to believe they want any spotlight sharing between these 2 major launches with all the hoopla of an official S550 launch on NY's media day, a day before the new F150 is shown.
Dont think they'd reveal both mustang and F150 at the same show either.

Next winter/spring is gonna be insane guys!! :hail::ford::love::clap2:

shelby1k

Well Ford, I'm ready for you to tease the intro.... any day now......

Just not the front end of that render please

Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Well Ford, I'm ready for you to tease the intro.... any day now......

Just not the front end of that render please
I think front of that render looks pretty awesome!
Sponsored