2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com 127 - Borla - 1
2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com
Homepage Wiki MOTM Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Ford Bronco Forum Calendar Garage

Go Back   2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com > 2015+ Ford Mustang Forum > S550 Mustang Photos / Videos / Photoshops

S550 Mustang Photos / Videos / Photoshops All media related to the S550 2015+ Mustang

User Tag List

Old 04-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
Jarstang
Administrator

Drives: American Muscle
Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation [New Spy Pics 4/12]: 2015 Mustang s550 Prototype Now With Covered Production Body?

UPDATE 4/30/13:

The plot thickens my friends. We have here 2 photos that appear to be the raw (pre-photoshopped) versions of the photos we originally posted. When compared to the ones showing the Mustang on the ground, it is immediately obvious that these raw images were subsequently photoshopped.

As pointed out by some of our users, notice how the wrinkles, lines and shadows of the car cover and the wheel positioning is identical to the KPG photos despite one set of pictures showing the Mustang on a flatbed, and the other [apparently] on the ground. Especially interesting is that the second picture blurs out whatever is on top of and around the Mustang.

The question remains, what does this mean? Did Ford work with the spy photographers to release these pictures as a red herring, to prevent bad publicity from a mechanical breakdown or crash, or does the blur reveal something they wanted to keep secret?

UPDATE:

One element on this car which is causing some confusion is that the rear brake position matches that of the s197 (on the front of the rear calipers) and not previous s550 prototypes (on the rear of the rear calipers). Which begs the question -- is this mule 1) an s197 chassis with s550 body camouflaged, 2) an s197 chassis with s197 body, 3) an s550 body on top of an s550 chassis testing different brake position than previous test mules, or 4) this is a hodge podge of different parts from the s197 and s550...?

Photo demonstrating the different brake positions (by Kzstang):

[Pic from today on left vs previous s550 mule on right]

Name:  brakes.jpg
Views: 11583
Size:  138.5 KB

It looks like the Mustang's production-spec body panels are beginning to be fitted on mules, and more complete prototypes are now being assembled. Full-fledged s550 Mustang prototypes are probably not far away.

So what can be learned from these photos? The car cover hides nearly all of the details, and this prototype appears to be missing its bumpers, but we can get a look at the Mustang's profile. The prototype looks undisguised under all that canvas, giving us a look at a prominent sideskirt. But, the lack of bumpers precludes us from getting a good idea of the car's overall stance or its overhangs.

The car cover--which is specially designed for driving the prototype while covered--has what appears to be mesh panels to allow the headlights and tail-lights to show through, at least a little bit. The spaces for the tail-lights look to be mounted very high on the trunk. We can also see what appears to be some sort of fender vent just behind the front wheel.

So, what do you see??

Name:  mustangprototype1-mustang6.jpg
Views: 20479
Size:  315.6 KB

Name:  mustangprototype2-mustang6.jpg
Views: 13949
Size:  150.3 KB

Name:  mustangprototype3-mustang6.jpg
Views: 17893
Size:  183.0 KB

Name:  mustang1-mustang6g.jpg
Views: 14396
Size:  266.9 KB

Name:  mustang2-mustang6g.jpg
Views: 14621
Size:  124.3 KB
Jarstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #2
Twin Turbo
M6G Moderator

Name: Paul
Drives: Mustang '05 GT
Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Well, that camo sure aint pretty......but.........
Twin Turbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
shelby1k

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
FINALLY!.... something. It aint much but glad we're not seeing a totally diff body.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
Jarstang
Administrator

Drives: American Muscle
Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo View Post
Well, that camo sure aint pretty......but.........
Yep, but exciting to know the s550 is under there

Added what I could spot in the first post. Do you guys see anything more?
Old 04-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
GTsquid

This is the full production body underneath? Those side skirts look huge to me. I'm curious if it'll be riding this low. Although the front and rear don't appear to slope too much as I was fearing.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:42 PM   #6
Overboost

Drives: S197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Only thing that doesn't make sense to me is the use of existing side rocker panels. They may have been modified to fit because the camo didn't fully cover the lower portion.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #7
DarkAgent10

About damn time something leaked.. From waht I can tell through the mesh, the tail lights are looking on the smaller side and definitely real high up on the trunk. Man I hope they dont use that giugiaro look for the rear.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #8
K.Lysius

Someone needs to stake out that car until its parked and driver goes away then rip the cover off
Old 04-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #9
K.Lysius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
Only thing that doesn't make sense to me is the use of existing side rocker panels. They may have been modified to fit because the camo didn't fully cover the lower portion.
Hrm maybe these are the 2015 rocker panels? Why have rocker panels at all from the current model if they don't even bother fitting bumpers on.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #10
NRMStand

Today is the anniv reveal in Europe BTW.... wish we got more ooutta them but glad to see some news. Hopefully it picks up now. If that is the actual production underneath, I think many of us can breathe a sigh of relief that they didn't butcher the car.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #11
Prodigy

Anyone know where this was spotted?

We sure those are the old rocker panels? They look to be wider to me.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #12
stangray11

Good to see things are moving along, but c'mon let's get some pics of the actual body. The most noticeable thing to me is definitely the rear lights.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #13
Boydstang

Drives: 2015 Mustang Premium DIB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
To me, seems like the profile still has the muscle car look, which I know I've been worried about.
I hope there are more like this to come. Come'on take it off the camo baby!!!! LOL
Boydstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #14
hawkeye

It does look a little sleeker from the first pic. I'm glad they didnt shed too much weight. Curious what that quarter window looks like. It's bigger than I would have thought.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #15
KZStang

Nice pics...

Without the bumper it's hard to tell but I think the only reason the rocker panels look new is all the body panels are not in and it's sticking out. There's obviously a huge gap there. Comparing it to a current gen side view, it looks about the same to me.