Sponsored

2015 mustang tunes

Dshelt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
I have a 2015 mustang gt 50th anniversary package and I'm looking for a good tune. Where I live there isn't any Dino's I could go to to get a good tune so I'm looking for a canned tune. What would everyone recommend? I've seen bama and not impressed with how it doesn't work with the different modes( regular,steet,track,winter) also seen Lund but just looking for the best bang for my buck.
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Contact Lund or Palm Beach Dyno (or resellers of the same). Get the CAI they recommend (probably PMAS but I'd get the Steeda because it isn't ugly as fuuuuu). Nobody (in-person) has ever told me they liked a Bama tune on the 5.0 engine so I don't even bother. I have the Ford Power Pack 2. The power is great; they need to work out some throttle mapping issues - which I am currently providing info for them to do. You can retain your warranty with the Ford kit, though. That uses the GT350 intake and throttle body. The GT350 intake flows really well. Not sure why they felt the need to use the throttle body, but... it's part of the kit.

OP
OP

Dshelt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
I have a roush cai already and I had a bama on my 2014 gt and it wasn't terrible just didn't know if there was anything better. Appreciate the response definitely have to contact them.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Then get a tune for the Roush. That intake is fine. I'd start with Lund or Palm Beach.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
All of the tunes work with the different modes. None of the tunes (including the factory tune) change based on the mode you are in. I'd say Lund is probably the most popular here.

Sponsored

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I have a 2015 mustang gt 50th anniversary package and I'm looking for a good tune. Where I live there isn't any Dino's I could go to to get a good tune so I'm looking for a canned tune. What would everyone recommend? I've seen bama and not impressed with how it doesn't work with the different modes( regular,steet,track,winter) also seen Lund but just looking for the best bang for my buck.
really hope there isn't any dinos were you live last i checked they were extinct :) while dyno tune is the best it really isn't required until you do big power adders. a simple lund or bama tune would do just fine.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
really hope there isn't any dinos were you live last i checked they were extinct :) while dyno tune is the best it really isn't required until you do big power adders. a simple lund or bama tune would do just fine.

There are many who would argue that dyno tunes are not better.

Data logging on the street is generally preferred to logging on the dyno.

Of course tuning on a dyno makes things easier/quicker.

Plus using someone like Lund means you have a guy who has experience tuning 100's (or 1000's) of coyotes vs. local guy who may not have near that experience. Of course, this is not to say there aren't 'local' guys who do a superb job - they just may not be local to you.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Had my Harley tuned by a guy who wouldn't touch a dyno if it was free. We logged at the drag strip and one the street and it was transformed. Not that keen on dyno tuning only as a result.

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm running a Hypertech Max Energy 2.0 Power Programmer on mine. Couldn't be happier.
It's for 17-15 Mustang GTs, about to release the Ecoboost Mustang as well...

ZombieHunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red California Special
Call Livernois they just updated their 5.0 tunes and picked up another 10hp and are up to about 50hp tune only, I have the Windstorm bundle myself and its awesome.

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Call Livernois they just updated their 5.0 tunes and picked up another 10hp and are up to about 50hp tune only, I have the Windstorm bundle myself and its awesome.
50hp with tune only? That would be very surprising. Their website says 21hp on an otherwise stock vehicle.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
50 hp is probably at the crank with full exhaust, intake, tune, and e85!

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
We offer some stout tunes for your platform, our most recent 93 performance tune really gave these cars a new life. I'll drop you a PM with options!!

ZombieHunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red California Special
their web site says up to 40hp tune only, I just checked... but about a month ago they found some more power [10 more hp] and contacted me to update my tune and i did it, it felt smoother and about as strong as my E85 tune was.. when the weather breaks again I may have it dyno'd to see, but they assured me a few weeks before all this snow showed up that they had a 2017 manual 5.0 like mine [2016] make 50 wheel on a tune only.
Sponsored