Sponsored

2015-2017 GT350 Shelby Transmission Cooler Scoop

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Shelby American just released this.... http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/SHELBY-30.htm

Applications: 2015-2017 Shelby GT350 ($199.99)
Developed by Shelby's R&D team and track tested, the GT350 transmission air cooler is designed to not only bring cold air up directly on the vehicle's transmission but to also isolate the transmission from the heat of the catalytic converters to improve cooling and maintain performance.
Shelby-American_GT350-trans-scoop.jpg
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Shelby American just released this.... http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/SHELBY-30.htm

Applications: 2015-2017 Shelby GT350 ($199.99)
Developed by Shelby's R&D team and track tested, the GT350 transmission air cooler is designed to not only bring cold air up directly on the vehicle's transmission but to also isolate the transmission from the heat of the catalytic converters to improve cooling and maintain performance.

Ill be ordering this next week. I know who tested this and they confirmed it makes a difference.

08fordgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby gt350 race red
Ill be ordering this next week. I know who tested this and they confirmed it makes a difference.
does it just delay the limp mode by a few mins or would it keep it from going into limp mode? I see the car in the pic also has a custom cooler setup.

also is it steel or aluminum?

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Aluminum will distribute the heat evenly over the total surface area. It may be the best choice material.

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
does it just delay the limp mode by a few mins or would it keep it from going into limp mode? I see the car in the pic also has a custom cooler setup.

also is it steel or aluminum?
I guess it's steel. Powder coated. I will confirm when mine arrives :headbang:

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If this was effective why did they also install an actual cooler?

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
If this was effective why did they also install an actual cooler?
I would assume regular track use would still require a cooler. Even if he scoop keeps it out of limp mode, I could see it hitting the 240's

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
[MENTION=22226]svttim[/MENTION], any info on the SA cooler set up possible release date ?
Thx

stshoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche w/Black Stripe and roof, tech pack
From Jeremy at Shelby:

"I do not have any kind of raw numbers showing what the part will do exactly but we have tested the cooler scoop out at a track with a tech pack GT350 and the scoop provided the appropriate cooling to fix the limp mode issue. I am waiting to get some proper numbers from my R&D department. I can pass this information along to you as soon as I have it."

I'll post when I get an update.

Sponsored

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
I'm not convinced the air scoop actually has any benefit, and frankly it may actually impede airflow around the transmission case. I do, however, see a big benefit to those heat shields from the catalytic converters. I'd like to see a product that has just the latter, and not the former. THAT I might actually buy.

kartguy898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / 2016 F150 FX4
I'm not convinced the air scoop actually has any benefit, and frankly it may actually impede airflow around the transmission case. I do, however, see a big benefit to those heat shields from the catalytic converters. I'd like to see a product that has just the latter, and not the former. THAT I might actually buy.
Didn't someone use a wrap similar to what Thermo-tec offers to shield the transmission from the cats/exhaust?

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
Impede what? The air that just barely skims the bottom of the trans? The trans is higher up than the belly pans and blocked in front by the motor. The scoop picks up air that is coming under the belly pan, and then they blocked off the back of the scoop so that the air is forced up and around the trans. As the air gets pushed up over the bell end, it'll cause a little pressure in the tunnel and forces the air over the trans again over the tail end to be pushed out. It's actually a great design.

Also, an M6G member has already tested the scoop and had a pretty substantial result.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Impede what? The air that just barely skims the bottom of the trans? The trans is higher up than the belly pans and blocked in front by the motor. The scoop picks up air that is coming under the belly pan, and then they blocked off the back of the scoop so that the air is forced up and around the trans. As the air gets pushed up over the bell end, it'll cause a little pressure in the tunnel and forces the air over the trans again over the tail end to be pushed out. It's actually a great design.

Also, an M6G member has already tested the scoop and had a pretty substantial result.
He did but while driving at highway speed, thing is tranny gets pretty hot while driving in stop and go traffic as well as i've found out this summer, so i'll definately be looking at a cooler kit solution .
Sponsored