Sponsored

The Livernois HPFP upgrade ... a second and better high pressure fuel pump upgrade

gte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
Competition is good! Why it seems better than the first offering:

It flows 100% more fuel than the stock pump
It is $1599 retail
It's available in 2 to 4 weeks

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
The RTR/Xtreme-DI pump does 200 lph. I'm sure Livernois will pop into this thread, so can you share some details on specs like that, Livernois? I saw that this pump was rated for something like 370 hp on E85 and I'd like some more clarity on the testing, etc of this pump.

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
The RTR/Xtreme-DI pump does 200 lph. I'm sure Livernois will pop into this thread, so can you share some details on specs like that, Livernois? I saw that this pump was rated for something like 370 hp on E85 and I'd like some more clarity on the testing, etc of this pump.
Yes to me the key is going to be the volume it will flow. The other one at 35% more is not enough to run a high HP Ecoboost on E85 without added AUX fuel. But this one from Livernois might have a more fair price tag attached to it without other vendors having there hand in the till.

Need confirmation and cost on the HP fuel line, and volume at what pressure.

Exciting times !!!

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I'm not knocking either pump. I'm just trying to understand things better.
If it is rated for 370 hp on e85 and I want to make more power than that then my only option is to add an AUX fuel kit. Then why bother with spending $1500 to $2000 on HPFP then another $1000 to $1500 on AUX fuel kit when the AUX kit alone will be sufficient?

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
That's why I asked for more details. As perf said, the other pump was stated to have the capability for 500-550 hp on full e85 whereas this one is stated to be around 370 hp. That's why I asked Livernois for more input as that's a decent gap in hp, so it'd be good to have more information to make a well educated purchasing decision based on one's current/future goals.

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I'm not knocking either pump. I'm just trying to understand things better.
If it is rated for 370 hp on e85 and I want to make more power than that then my only option is to add an AUX fuel kit. Then why bother with spending $1500 to $2000 on HPFP then another $1000 to $1500 on AUX fuel kit when the AUX kit alone will be sufficient?
Either pump will make more than the 370 whp on E85 id bet. But if you want a 500 plus whp car on E85, your on your own as far as fueling, pick your poison, you will be on added AUX fuel only, or mixing and matching, it gets hard up in the high HP range on these cars with the HPFP system.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Either pump will make more than the 370 whp on E85 id bet. But if you want a 500 plus whp car on E85, your on your own as far as fueling, pick your poison, you will be on added AUX fuel only, or mixing and matching, it gets hard up in the high HP range on these cars with the HPFP system.
Exactly, I don't expect the RTR pump I'm testing to make more than 500whp on E85. Even if we add injectors it is only going to open up another 40-60whp window on E85. We will see as testing proceeds.

Was going to get on the dyno the other day, went to install the pump and tore the O-ring. Got that sorted out, and now my damn plastic clip on my quick-connect fitting is broke, so had to order another one of those. Bastard...

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
Exactly, I don't expect the RTR pump I'm testing to make more than 500whp on E85. Even if we add injectors it is only going to open up another 40-60whp window on E85. We will see as testing proceeds.

Was going to get on the dyno the other day, went to install the pump and tore the O-ring. Got that sorted out, and now my damn plastic clip on my quick-connect fitting is broke, so had to order another one of those. Bastard...
I'd like to make the assumption that you'd be happy to test/tune on both pumps, correct?

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
I'd like to make the assumption that you'd be happy to test/tune on both pumps, correct?
Absolutely I'm not a manufacturer I'm not going to discriminate!

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Hey everyone, just wanted to pop in and add some clarity on this for the board members. So far our testing on the has been at the 370awhp level on e85 and 30* weather on our focus RS. Now, we haven't hit the limit so don't take it as that's the end of the usefulness of the pump. The pump maintains commanded pressure even at peak boost at low RPM, which has always been the trouble spot on the ecoboost engines. Keep an eye out for further testing with a certain infamous Livernois shop car soon to find the real limit of fueling with our pump.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Hey everyone, just wanted to pop in and add some clarity on this for the board members. So far our testing on the has been at the 370awhp level on e85 and 30* weather on our focus RS. Now, we haven't hit the limit so don't take it as that's the end of the usefulness of the pump. The pump maintains commanded pressure even at peak boost at low RPM, which has always been the trouble spot on the ecoboost engines. Keep an eye out for further testing with a certain infamous Livernois shop car soon to find the real limit of fueling with our pump.
Look forward to it, I want to see the data from the manufacturer and not 20 different people that spoke to someone at SEMA about it haha.

I can attest to this, not a fan of my combo but is tuning it just fine.
Agreed.

menaecoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost mustang black PP pack
I'm like 99.99% percent sure I'm getting this...

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I'm like 99.99% percent sure I'm getting this...
You made me laugh, I like the 99.99 % part !!! In CA our fuel is so bad and our E85 is so good, its crazy not to take advantage of these new pumps and run E85, it will be worth every penny.
Sponsored