Sponsored

Introduce yourself!!

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Yup. I'm John and I've been driving 4th gen Camaro's exclusively since 1997. I'm not a Chevy Guy at all Its just the LS powerplant Plus the, at times, scary raw f-body is just intoxicating to drive but now with my Z28 having 150K on it and getting a bit rusty, rough, and not soo reliable its time for a new car... Something capable of at least mid 12 sec 1/4's with mods on street tires, decent mileage, not Wrong Wheel Drive, and looked and felt great to drive. Which I figured would be easy right??

After test driving all kinds of cars from the 5th gen Camaro's (crap interior and seating position and gigantic heavy), Used Vettes (felt too stuffy old man in them and too much $$$), Used BMW's (blah styling and $$$ for a decent performance model), FRS/BRZ (Love the look and how they feel behind the wheel but horribly disgustingly grossly underpowered), 370Z (Decent power but hate the styling and the driving was not fun enough to get past the look) and several Wrong wheel drive cars I nearly gave up. Then I test drove a '14 Mustang 5.0 which felt great on all points but wasn't sure on going with another v8 as I spend $300 a month on gas driving back and forth to work in the Camaro. Then came the '15 Mustang redesign and the Ecoboost Announcement. After driving one and watching as the tuners got their hands on the car I was sold and put in my order for a White Ecoboost Auto PP car. Now the waiting game.

Just a bit on my Current Z28.. I bought it in 2004 with 14K on it. I personally hate the styling of the front car but damn it is a scary sledgehammer of a beast to drive and super easy to work on yourself which makes up for the many other faults. Its been all over the place from a street/strip drag car that has ran as fast as 10.60's with Heads/Cam on the bottle and still drove it every day, to its now more tame state with a mild cam and stock heads that will still do bottom 12's on street tires with ease. Ohh I also enjoy Photography.. :p

Being my only car It gets driven in the Chicago winters... lowered and plowing snow.

I'm still not totally sure if I will keep the Camaro and do a teardown and rebuild of it into a street strip beast but I do know the Ecoboost is going to be a Hell of a nice and fun car to drive every day. I've never had a new car either so its a new experience to actually order one.
Sponsored

Matador91

Benchmark Auto Salon
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Hey guys and gals. My name is Mike and I have a mustang problem.:headbang:

I live in the Seattle area and have been a huge mustang fan for as long as I can remember. Over a 10 year period I slaved over and built a 91 foxbody which was truly a labor of love. However recently I entered a contest through turtle wax and the grand price was a 2015 mustang. Which brings me to this site seeing is how I was the winner of the competition. The car is the base model V6 manuel, black with black cloth. I have been told they have a vin so hopefully I will see it soon.

EcoBoostWheels-1.jpg

gallery_26242_2159_26857.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418270078.532188.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418270089.531192.jpg

017.jpg
DSC00964.JPG
4banger.JPG
m5lp_0906_05_z1991_mustang_lxsteeri.JPG
McKinnon_304.JPG
34578_1432384622850_1629940800_1057099_4590218_n.JPG

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
Wow, congrats man! Was it a random drawing or did you have to do something creative to win?

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Over a 10 year period I slaved over and built a 91 foxbody which was truly a labor of love. However recently I entered a contest through turtle wax and the grand price was a 2015 mustang.
You do nice work. Awesome before/after. I hope you can keep the '91 as a toy, though I wager the '15 will be a better daily driver. Congrats on the contest. The most I ever won was a $10 Subway gift card.

Matador91

Benchmark Auto Salon
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Wow, congrats man! Was it a random drawing or did you have to do something creative to win?
It was a contest based on a photo of a reflection. There were 10 finalists, voting lasted a month. It literally consumed my life for a month, but totally worth it.

I will never sell my fox. To much time and money invested. LOL

Sponsored

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
Congrats Matador, that's really cool. You're going to love it. Nice Fox's, too.

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
My bad everybody. Totally skipped this thread.

Currently located in MD. I'm very impressed with the new Mustang and want to be a first time Mustang owner with the S550 GT... sooner or later. I'm honestly undecided on a purchase time frame at the moment.

I've been lurking the forum for a month or more and decided to sign up so I could partake in the occasional discussion here and there, but to mostly learn from the community you guys have here.

PipelinerPhil

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Hey guys. My username gives it away. I'm a pipeliner, so I travel a lot for work. I have a 2014 GT right now but will pick up a 2015 soon.

deven2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deven
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium GT w/ PP
Hey, my name is Brandon and I am very active with the Corvette Forum. I own several Corvettes. I also have a blue 1970 428 CJ Coupe that I have been building for about 6 years now. I am also active on the MBWorld forum as I have 4 new 2014 Mercedes.

I want a C7 Corvette Stingray in sunset orange to match my orange '72 Stingray, but I can get 2 GT Mustangs essentially for the price of 1 Z51 C7.

So I test drove the new Mustang and it was better than I had imagined and then some. I test dove some S197s and have been around Mustangs since the Fox bodies came out. So I have to say that this new S550 is the most comfortable Mustang I have ever driven.

So I thought how cool would it be to have a DIB '15 GT and my Acapulco Blue '70 428 CJ?

SO I test drove the new S550, and I have to say that I almost cried when I had to leave the lot with out one. :brokenheart:

I sold my 2012 Camaro last year as it just had too many problems with the clutch pedal assembly, slave cylinder, shifter, etc and clutch. Aside from the issues, it was a blast to drive. It went through tires like they were nothing.

Anyways I would still be looking for a new '15 Camaro, but I am not sure that the '15 Camaros would be problem free. MY 2012 was one of those cars that was "Great! ...when it was running"...so I am happy to say that the S550 beats the Camaros interior by far. I was happy to be sitting inside.

I'm a pilot, so fast cars are a must! :thumbsup:

Anyways here are a few of my cars.

'72 350, 4 speed, former Hawaii car as I used to live there.

Here are the GLK 350s in Paris, I picked up the cars in Germany this May.

The lunar blue E350 Coupe is in front of the GLKs, which is in front of the Eiffel Tower.

Theres the SLK350 next to the '72 Vette.

And here is the '70 Mustang.

428 (formerly 871 blown) with a C6, now it's a TKO600.

Rebuilt almost all of the body.

65 Vette and 53 Ford F100 next to the Mustang.

And here is the Mustang after paint, and pretty much how it is now.

I am a Chevy guy, but I love all classic cars. So my goal was to build something totally incorrect, yet it would stump even the most passionate Mustang fan into believing it was an original '70 Mustang. Everything on it has been modded, and some areas are easier to tell what has been done than others. But the goal is to blend everything in so that it works well while letting you know its got it going on with out over powering any of it.

Anyways I really would think it would be so neat to have a new S550 in DIB which is very similar to AB on my '70.

:cheers:

Brandon
Man that vette and stang are beautiful... I own a DIB Premium GT w/ PP. I get complimented all the time on her, and stopped by people everywhere even more lol. It's a beautiful car and drives fantastic and definitely is FAST!
I would highly recommend this vehicle and color especially.

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Enter the Bastage

Hello,all!

I have been a lurker on these forums for quite a few months now, however, now that I have purchased a 2015 Mustang of my own, I feel its time for me to introduce myself.

My internet handle is Vile Bastage, and I am a 32 year old man child living in the mid-west. I have been married for eight years and have summoned two demonic hellspawn from my unholy union. I've proudly (and admittedly sometimes not so proudly) served as an active duty member of the Armed Forces for over 12 years. With only eight years to go until retirement, I'm definitely going to, at the bare minimum, take my career to that mark and then see how far I can go.

Until a year ago, I was an avid supporter of Subaru and it's rally bred Impreza WRX and WRX/STi. That all changed with the unveiling of the 2015 Mustang in December/January. I knew the moment I saw it that I was giving up on my AWD Japanese import lifestyle and joining the American Pony Car club. Over the past 7 years, I've built two competent and competitive weekend racers out of my 2007 WRX and my 2013 STi, but now I am looking forward to improving upon and racing this new V8 monster in my garage.

Sponsored

mustang51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
Hello

Been a fan since I was a kid. Glad we are getting them in Australia.

I have a quick question. A friend here in Australia is telling me that only 50th Anniversary editions are being sold in the USA. By the look of this forum that does not appear to be true.

I assume you can order any Mustang over there at the moment, is that true.

cheers Brad
Sydney Australia

(Looking to buy a V8 GT in red next year)

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Been a fan since I was a kid. Glad we are getting them in Australia.

I have a quick question. A friend here in Australia is telling me that only 50th Anniversary editions are being sold in the USA. By the look of this forum that does not appear to be true.

I assume you can order any Mustang over there at the moment, is that true.

cheers Brad
Sydney Australia

(Looking to buy a V8 GT in red next year)
Uh yea your friend is way off. The convertibles have not yet showed up on the streets but everything else has as you can see.

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
Hello My name is Tyler im from Northern Virginia.
I have driven all imports before ordering this mustang
I had a 2003 Camry, 2005 S2000 and 2012 Honda Civic. Life is too short to driving slow boring cars I knew that when I leased my civic.
Ordered this weekend the car listed bellow and was told I should have it by February.
Glad I found this forum, learning a lot about what this car can do and am going to keep this car for the rest of my life. I figure since in about 5 more years they will practically drive themselves

Pony girl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, Competition Orange, PP
Hi everyone, I'm Julie. My first car love was a rusting '68 on my grandfather's extensive property. I dreamed of fixing it up with him (a former CA drag racer and all-round car guy) but didn't get the chance.

Bought my first mustang when the '05 showed up, looking all mean and beautiful at the same time. It was windveil blue, magnaflow catback, and custom metallic silver stripes (among a few other mostly cosmetic mods). Had to sell it (broke my heart!) when I unexpectedly found out I was pregnant with twins ... and had to buy a <gasp> minivan. I hope she's well in her new home.

With my oldest just about to need a car of his own, I decided it was time to buy a new 'stang. Last Fri (11/7) I put in my order for my GT Premium, manual, competition orange, PP, nav, 401A, adaptive CC, premier trim interior in ebony, reverse park assist and enhanced security pkg. Pretty much everything they offered except the floor mats. ;)

I have now entered the phase of - OMG, I really actually have a new mustang coming soon and I don't know how I'll survive the next few months until I can drive it - so am here to meet some like-minded car lovers, kill some time, and blow off some stress while I wait. I look forward to getting to know, y'all!

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Hi everyone, I'm Julie.
Hey, Julie! Welcome to the club! I hope you are able to blow off some stress around here. There seems to be plenty of that, as those of us who ordered between May and July are slowly getting our orders filled. You'll come to love and curse COTUS.

Congrats on the new ride! Sounds like it'll be a good one.
Sponsored