Sponsored

2015 Mustang interior first look shows 6500 RPM redline and more undercarriage photos

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The next generation 2015 Mustang has been spied again and the latest pics might be a first look at part of its center stack. The mule's interior is very raw, but a very non-Mustang center stack control set-up is screwed into place.

The mule is also outfitted with a new steering wheel, taken from the 2013 Ford Fusion. The new wheel allows for more infotainment and connectivity options, which means that when its wired to a fresh, modernized interface such as the unit inside this mule, the Mustang will likely take a step forward in the user-interface department. The screen is on the smaller side, given the trend toward larger displays, but this model is also outfitted with a conventional button array, so something like an upgraded MyFordTouch interface may bring with it a bigger LCD.

The 6500 RPM redline coincidentally matches the redline of the 2013 Focus ST. This could indicate that the mule we're looking at is testing with a 2.0L Ecoboost 4 cylinder turbo direct injection engine. The Focus ST makes 247hp / 250 lb-ft torque.

The exterior shots show a mule without any sort of grille-work, giving us a peek a bit further back toward the powerplant. We've looked for obvious signs of turbocharging, but as far as we can tell, we don't see a smoking gun for the Ecoboost here. Ecoboost is rumored to be in the next Mustang's product plans, but word is that it will be the 2.0-liter unit, and not anything upsized like the 3.5-liter V6 Ecoboost engine.

There are also more photos of the Mustang mule's undercarriage, revealing the next gen's Independent Rear Suspension in detail.

Don't pay attention to the exterior styling as that's just a current Mustang body on the next generation chassis for testing purposes.

2015stang.interior1.kgp.ed.jpg

2015stang.interior3.kgp.ed.jpg

2015stang.susp01.kgp.ed.jpg

2015stang.susp02.kgp.ed.jpg

2015stang.susp03.kgp.ed.jpg

grille.jpg

mustangmule.b01.kgp.ed.jpg

mustangmule.b02.kgp.ed.jpg

mustangmule.b03.kgp.ed.jpg

mustangmule.b05.kgp.ed.jpg

mustangmule.b06.kgp.ed.jpg

mustangmule.b07.kgp.ed.jpg

mustangmule.b08.kgp.ed.jpg

mustangmule.b09.kgp.ed.jpg

2015stang.interior2.kgp.ed.jpg
Sponsored

groundnpounder

Interesting view at the 6500 RPM redline.

My guess is that this is a 2 liter Ecoboost 4 cylinder!

If you look at the newest Focus ST it's got the same exact redline.

OKCfan

Nice pics! Most interesting for me is the tach showing the redline like you guys have said.

Are those sound or emissions sensors behind the exhaust?

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
No intercooler and two catalytic converters tell me that this is not a 4-pot 'Stang.

Sponsored

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
No clue. Hopefully a V8 since it appears that they're doing some special sound tuning. You know they want that burble monster to sound as good as possible. :D

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Great to see some new spyshots.

I suspect though, that the finished interior will look very different. No way would Ford let the real interior out of the bag so early, so I think they've just lifted the F150 console as they'll be testing the tech behind it.

:)

Coyotestang13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 5.0 MT82 3.73
Yup

Would be interesting to see how much the interior changes for the next gen. This mule has some weird pieces including the 6500rpm tach. I just hope they keep it simple and affordable.

Sponsored

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
The only thing "new" about the interior are the gauges. The dash and center console are from the current Mustang while the radio, wheel, and headlight switch are all from the 2013 Fusion (which we should finally start seeing reviews for next month).

Dequindre

Mustang6G's Lincoln Fan
Threads
Reaction score
I like the steering wheel. It's like the one on the MKZ, only less fancy.

groundnpounder

Interesting view at the 6500 RPM redline.

My guess is that this is a 2 liter Ecoboost 4 cylinder!

If you look at the newest Focus ST it's got the same exact redline.
No intercooler and two catalytic converters tell me that this is not a 4-pot 'Stang.
You got a point there, guess I was wrong to just look at the 6500 rpm redline and match it up with the Focus ST with 2L ecoboost.

westy

Threads
Reaction score
Thank goodness this is just a mule. I could not handle another 'new' Mustang looking like a modded 68.

That dash is pure rotten. And the automatic should be a manu-matic by now. PLEASE do not give us the stupid toggle switch at the top of the shifter, Ford. That sucks all the joy from the car. What is this, a Malibu?!!!
Sponsored