Sponsored

DEALERSHIP TOTALED MY CAR!!!

5LITERV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Last week Thursday 8-4 I took my car to AutoNation Ford Scottsdale to check on some suspension noise I was hearing in the front drive side. The technician took the car for a drive to diagnose the problem and got into an accident.

My car was a 2015 GTPP premium with Recaro red accent seats, 401A and Navigation. I ordered it from the factory last year. MSR was $44,200 and I traded in my paid off 2011 GTI for $13k. I also had about $6k in after market parts. I don't have the police report yet but the Service Manager showed me the road/intersection where the accident took place and it's a 25 mph speed limit. I am still not understanding how you can total a car on a road with 25 mph speed limit with out doing some stupid stuff. The insurance company has given a value of $30,600 which is close to the KBB of 31k and I have a loan of $25k on the car. They didn't give any value to the after market parts.

After going back and forth with the General Manager they decided to place an order for a new 2017 GT with the exact same specs from the factory and do a collateral substitution on the loan that way my payment and everything stays the same. They also will transfer the aftermarket parts like wheels/exhaust to the new car if there is no damage. The GM told me that once all this is done he wants me to leave his dealership with a smile on my face.

However I found out on Friday that my bank is not willing to do a collateral substitution on the loan and now the GM has changed his attitude on the entire situation. He is saying that I have to think of the value I am getting with this new car which basically means he wants me to come up with more money to the table. I told him that the new vehicle value for me is $0 as he has to think of the value of all of my losses I had to go through and this basically makes me whole again. Let me know what you guys think.

Below is the google maps link, where according to the Service Manager, the accident took place on this intersection as the technician pulled up to a stop sign and ran into traffic. If you zoom in on the road you can clearly see the speed limit is 25mph.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.629...azaMsyQmiz23y0mvlw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Below are some images of the car as I found it at the dealership.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
That's horrible man! I would be seething.
I know you probably don't want to hear this, but it's time to "lawyer up".
Good luck and keep us posted!

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
looks like the wheels are ok at least.

sorry to hear this man... buckle up for the roller coaster you're going to go through.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Seek legal advice/services, what happened to the tech that totaled your car?

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
this seriously sucks. I'm really sorry for you. I hope that for your sake they make it right.

At least if they make things right, you'll get a "do over" with the miles and such, and get the newer better nav.

Sponsored

homegrown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Manual CO
Looks like someone was doing more than 25

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Get a lawyer ASAP.

How is that totaled? It doesn't look totaled.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Who's insurance is offering you the $30k? Yours or the dealers?

Saber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Coupe
Wow ! I live in this neck of the woods and I am wondering who drove it? My God I wouldn't want them in mine. Are they saying it was the service driver fault or was it the others person fault that ran into your car. Because to your point 25mph doesnt seem like that would result but who am I these cars may just fold like an accordions now a days.

Last edited:

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
Sue the sh*t out of them. You'll recoup, they'll be forced to pay your legal fees and you'll come out on top. Will it be stressful? Yes. Will it cause major headaches? Yes. But they caused this situation and are causing financial burden. Take the proper legal action and you'll see that they'll want to settle out of court. The legal fees alone would not make sense on their behalf. I went through something similar in 2010. The attorney drew up the necessary paperwork and the Chevy dealer's owner consulted with his attorney. They settled with me out of court. I made out well. Anywho, good luck and just be patient.

Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Like the posters above says: get a lawyer. But before you do that call the GM and let him know in a polite manner: that not only is he going to make you whole, the dealership is going to pay for your lawyer fees. So let them know they can do it the easy or hard way-it's up to them. You may want to check your state's Tort laws to see if the losing party automatically has to pay the prevailing party's attorney fees.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
So sorry to see that, that's horrible
25mph? thats a lot of damage for doing that speed

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i mean logic says this should be all on the dealers insurance...it's called errors and omissions for a reason... that should cover your payoff and get you into a new ride.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Head on both going 25 mph could do that and a more
Sponsored