5.0 Fender badge replacement

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
I changed out my Deck lid removing the GT badge. I have been thinking about removing the "5.0" fender badges, but there of those two guide holes. Has anyone remove their fender badges and replaced with something other than a GT, or 5.0 identifier? If so do you have pics?

Thanks
Sponsored

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
I changed out my Deck lid removing the GT badge. I have been thinking about removing the "5.0" fender badges, but there of those two guide holes. Has anyone remove their fender badges and replaced with something other than a GT, or 5.0 identifier? If so do you have pics?

Thanks
I do not remove the 5.0 fender badges but I did add these to my GT at the time I owned it! :cheers: John
image.jpg

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
I've replaced my stock 5.0 badges for something else.
20160730_163217.jpg

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597

Yes we have seen this, thank you at least the fender badges that I added to my GT Mustang when I owned it, I was not Pretending that it was something that it wasn't.... :cheers:

Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Heat gun and plastic trim removal tool. Once it gets warm, just pry it off, gently. Took about 10 minutes a side. Don't know how to fill the holes.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I have a pair of these I ordered, but never installed. They cover the 2 holes left when you remove the OE 5.0 badge.
They are made out of metal - very solid, not some cheap plastic crap, 3M tape on the back. PM if interested.
ASblackFender_small.jpg
FenderbadgeInstalled_small.jpg

MANDARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16>GT Base>Magnetic>PP
I have a pair of these I ordered, but never installed. They cover the 2 holes left when you remove the OE 5.0 badge.
They are made out of metal - very solid, not some cheap plastic crap, 3M tape on the back. PM if interested.
I'm interested :thumbsup: you have a pm!

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
I am ordering a set of v6 fenders and having a shop paint them comp orange...I dont like the gaint 5.0 on the front corner panels either.

The best wouod be to find someone that wants to trade, but that is highly unlikely.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I am ordering a set of v6 fenders and having a shop paint them comp orange...I dont like the gaint 5.0 on the front corner panels either.

The best wound be to find someone that wants to trade, but that is highly unlikely.
Yeah. Not many Eco or V6 owners want GT emblems, and if they want any emblem, including GT, its easy to put whatever they want on the fenders they have.

I'm interested in the logic of buying and painting new fenders rather than just filling the holes and blending paint just in that area, particularly for non-metallic paint like OW, RR or CO?

I would dearly like to get rid of the 5.0 badges myself. I hate any alpha-numeric badges. I don't like any badges but can tolerate some that look good and don't include any numbers or lettering.

So far I don't hate the 5.0s enough to pay for new fenders or patch and painting the factory ones.

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat

chapscalyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
where did you get that i like!

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat

Furious_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
I thinking about going with the "holler" setup to replace the 5.0 and pony in the front grille. Blank decklid in the rear.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
where did you get that i like!
image.jpg

Sorry about the size of the photo, I was in on the first run of the Coyote badges as well - the timing was perfect as I was looking for something to replace the chrome 5.0 badges. I looked into custom badges but those things woulda cost me upwards of $600 plus. So when two forum members created the Howlin' Coyote badges God answered my prayers :headbang:
Sponsored