Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Hey everyone!

The topic of the PMAS intake has been very hot here lately. After looking into all the R&D that Nick put into this intake, I had to have one for my personal car. Nick was kind enough to send one down and I told him that I would do some unbiased testing and would post my results.

My testing was done at the drag strip, Palm Beach International Raceway, this past Friday evening (7/29). The weather was disgusting, it had just finished raining about 2 hours before I arrived to the track, really warm and extremely humid (never mind that the track is located in the swaps of west Jupiter). I will share the actual track times and MPH but also give corrected track times and MPH to help take weather out of the equation. I personally don't put much stock into that, but I figure it would make things more fair.

My car is a 2012 Mustang GT, Manual trans w/ 3.31's and Brembos. Mods to the car are Lund 93 octane tune, 170* Reische thermostst, UPR oil separators and full JBA exhaust w/ H pipe (headers to tips). I ran the stock 19" Brembo wheel up front with a set of chrome 03 Cobra replica wheels out back with 315/35R17 Hoosier drag radials.

I ran the car in 3 different configurations and they are as follows:

-Lund Tune/Stock Intake
-Lund Tune/PMAS "No Tune" Intake (used the same tune as above config)
-Lund Tune/PMAS "Tune Req'd" Intake (installed stock MAF sensor and new Lund Tune)

All runs had consistent engine temps, starting at 181* and ending at about 197*. For this particular test, don't mind the ET so much (which will be improved on). The track was hooking really hard and I kept bogging even after raising launch RPM. I need to mess with the tire pressure (add air) to get it to run better but I didn't want to touch tire pressure as that can effect MPH, all runs were with 16 psi of air in the rear tires. This test is about horsepower so we are more concerned with MPH right now.

So, on with my results:

Run 1 (Lund Tune/Stock Intake)
Time- 7:35 pm
Temp- 87*
Humidity- 65%
Baro- 30.04
DA- 2037

60 foot- 1.80
ET- 12.013
MPH- 115.33

Corrected ET and MPH- [email protected]

Run 2 (Lund Tune/Stock Intake)
Time- 8:08 pm
Results- damn near identical to run #1, [email protected]

Run 3 (Lund Tune/PMAS "No Tune" Intake)
Time- 10:50pm
Temp- 83*
Humidity- 72%
Baro- 30.05
DA- 1769

60 foot- 1.767
ET- 11.854
MPH- 116.80

Run 4 (Lund Tune/PMAS "Tune Req'd" Intake)
Time- 11:30pm
Temp- 83*
Humidity- 74%
Baro- 30.05
DA- 1778

60 foot- 1.793 (spun then bogged)
ET- 11.903
MPH- 118.31

Personally, I am impressed with my results. The car ran really hard and I was surprised to see these trap speeds in the weather we had. So whether you like the actual results or the correct results, they both show a good increase in power. The "No Tune" set up looks to have gained 20 rwhp, but the "Tune Req'd" version looks to have added even more which is what I was probably the most surprised about. I logged all the runs but on the "No Tune" PMAS run, the nGauge froze and did not log that run so I cannot compare it to the "Tune Req'd" run :mad:

In closing, the intake makes power as advertised. If you already have a Lund tune, I recommend going with the "Tune Req'd" version and having him send you a revision, saves you $100 as well.

You can get your PMAS intakes from us at Lethal Performance for your S550 car either by itself or as part of our power packs featuring the nGauge or SCT X4.

No Tune kit
http://www.lethalperformance.com/pm...ocity-air-intake-system-no-tune-required.html

Tune Required kit
http://www.lethalperformance.com/pm...velocity-air-intake-system-tune-required.html

Power Pack
http://www.lethalperformance.com/le...-and-lund-racing-custom-tuned-programmer.html

If you guys have any questions regarding this intake, tuning or power packs, feel free to contact us!

:cheers:
Sponsored

Last edited:

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Honestly I'm not sure which one surprises me more, the suddenly an intake barely different than the rest is actually better than the rest OR that you somehow managed to get 3 consistent runs at PBIR. Any run I've done there in the last 2 years involved a 30-40 minute staying lane wait.

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
Imgur doesn't work on the forum anymore, just a heads up.

OP
OP
Derek@Lethal

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Honestly I'm not sure which one surprises me more, the suddenly an intake barely different than the rest is actually better than the rest OR that you somehow managed to get 3 consistent runs at PBIR. Any run I've done there in the last 2 years involved a 30-40 minute staying lane wait.
Well, as of two weeks ago they are under new management. The new guys take track prep very seriously it seems, there were several faster cars in the 1.0-1.1 sixty foot range. The track was moving very smoothly until around 9pm where they then started having the grudge racing guys running. Around that time, it was 45 min - 1 hour wait to make a run.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
So does the stock maf sensor still fit fine then? I noticed you got best results with:

Run 3 (Lund Tune/PMAS "Tune Req'd" Intake), so assuming you just put your stock maf sensor in?

OP
OP
Derek@Lethal

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
So does the stock maf sensor still fit fine then? I noticed you got best results with:

Run 3 (Lund Tune/PMAS "Tune Req'd" Intake), so assuming you just put your stock maf sensor in?
Sensor fits fine, there is no difference in the construction of the kits. No Tune kits come with a calibrated MAF sensor and work with all tunes (stock and custom) that are calibrated for the stock intake. Tune Required kits do not come with a MAF sensor and you are to reuse the stock sensor.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Good stuff. PMAS has a fine product there.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
great results. Pretty impressive. Thanks for doing all that work :)

OP
OP
Derek@Lethal

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
great results. Pretty impressive. Thanks for doing all that work :)
Glad to do it :) Had a lot of fun beating up on more powerful cars by treeing and 60 footing them :headbang:

The casualties:

Run 1 S/C'd CTS-V w/ pulley, exhaust and tune (11.84@119)
Run 2 2015 BMW M4 w/ exhaust and tune (12.03@119)
Run 3 05-09 Mustang GT w/ cams, exhaust, intake, etc (the only weaker car, 14.21@102)
Run 4 Single Turbo Supra (13.57@111)

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Glad to do it :) Had a lot of fun beating up on more powerful cars by treeing and 60 footing them :headbang:

The casualties:

Run 1 S/C'd CTS-V w/ pulley, exhaust and tune (11.84@119)
Run 2 2015 BMW M4 w/ exhaust and tune (12.03@119)
Run 3 05-09 Mustang GT w/ cams, exhaust, intake, etc (the only weaker car, 14.21@102)
Run 4 Single Turbo Supra (13.57@111)
Oh yeah! Even better:D
:ford:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Sensor fits fine, there is no difference in the construction of the kits. No Tune kits come with a calibrated MAF sensor and work with all tunes (stock and custom) that are calibrated for the stock intake. Tune Required kits do not come with a MAF sensor and you are to reuse the stock sensor.
Cheers, your times for a manual are really impressive, you clearly know how to launch that car and rip through those gears. :)

I just got shipment confirmation of my PMAS from you guys. :)

OP
OP
Derek@Lethal

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Cheers, your times for a manual are really impressive, you clearly know how to launch that car and rip through those gears. :)

I just got shipment confirmation of my PMAS from you guys. :)
Thanks Gibbo, but there's still room for improvement with the launch, it was my first time using those tires with this car and I wasn't expecting the track to hook as good as it was. I believe I can knock another .15 sec off the 60 alone which should put the car in the 11.50-11.60 range. Suspension is all stock except for Eibach Pro Kit springs.

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Good stuff.

Not sure why the "tune required" picked up so much more. It's literally the same intake and MAF lol

Looking at it further, when corrected it's a bit over a 2mph gain. That's about right for 20whp.
Sponsored

Last edited: