Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Billet Rear Shock Mounts Are Finally Here!

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
You asked, and we listened!

Once the aftermarket shocks started coming out for the S550 Mustang, people all across the country ran into issues breaking the factory rear shock mount. Whether it was drag racing or road racing with very stiff shocks, customers were having all sorts of issues. That’s when the team at Steeda got together to come up with a solution.

Made from billet 6061 aluminum, these mounts are designed to replace the weak cast factory units. Unlike the factory mounts that have a rubber bushing that binds and will deteriorate over time on lowered cars or cars with aggressive shock settings, these units feature a Steeda spec stainless steel spherical Teflon lined bearing for optimum performance and control. Steeda also went a step further by making 2 kits, one for factory and Ford Racing shocks that are 10mm in diameter (555-8151) and one for aftermarket shocks like our Pro-Action that are 12mm in diameter (555-8152).

Steeda S550 Mustang Billet Rear Shock Mount - 10mm Rear Shocks (15-17 All) | 555-8151 | $199.95

Steeda S550 Mustang Billet Rear Shock Mount - 12mm Rear Shocks (15-17 All) | 555-8152 | $219.95

Steeda S550 Mustang 12mm Spacer Kit for Billet Rear Shock Mounts (15-17 All) | 555-8153 | $49.95

If you are running stock shocks now but might upgrade to Pro-Actions in the future, no problem, there is no drilling required like the OEM mounts, these mounts are upgradable with a simple spacer and nut change (555-8153). The Steeda Billet Shock Mounts are a great upgrade to drag racers and road racers alike, or if you’re running aggressive shocks on your car, these will greatly help with control with uncompromised durability.

Now available!

Steeda S550 Mustang Billet Rear Shock Mount - 10mm Rear Shocks (15-17 All) | 555-8151 | $199.95

Steeda S550 Mustang Billet Rear Shock Mount - 12mm Rear Shocks (15-17 All) | 555-8152 | $219.95

Steeda S550 Mustang 12mm Spacer Kit for Billet Rear Shock Mounts (15-17 All) | 555-8153 | $49.95

Note: All OEM S550 rear shocks, regardless of package, are 10mm (555-8151), including the aftermarket Ford Racing performance units. Aftermarket shocks like Steeda ProAction, Koni and Bilstein are 12mm units (555-8152). Upgrade kits are available if you change shocks later down the road from 10mm-12mm (555-8153).
Sponsored

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
nice another thing to add to my list

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
These look great! Do you have any idea what size would be needed for KW coilovers? I would assume same as Stock as they are supposed to use factory mounts but if anyone knows for sure I would appreciate it :)

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP

hulk_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Is the shock mount needed for OEM PP shocks with lowering springs?

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
Damn you and these awesome parts David! :cheers:
Well, add to cart.

BackinBlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, Black with Recaros
I was the first person on here to report breaking the upper mounts about a year ago after installing Vikings. Mine broke as I was flat out coming off the Carousel at Road America causing me to go off course. I wasn't hurt and the car only sustained a few hundred dollars of damage and cut short my track weekend but it could have been bad. Probably the most disappointing thing was the lack of admission of the problem by Viking.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I was the first person on here to report breaking the upper mounts about a year ago after installing Vikings. Mine broke as I was flat out coming off the Carousel at Road America causing me to go off course. I wasn't hurt and the car only sustained a few hundred dollars of damage and cut short my track weekend but it could have been bad. Probably the most disappointing thing was the lack of admission of the problem by Viking.
Why is it Viking's fault that a shock mount designed for a stock shock broke?

BackinBlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, Black with Recaros
Why is it Viking's fault that a shock mount designed for a stock shock broke?
Well, if you are selling a product that doesn't work or isn't safe without making other modifications that could be a problem, right?. Let's say you bought aftermarket brake pads that only worked safely with aftermarket rotors, but the manufacturer either didn't know because they didn't really test them or they knew and didn't say anything.

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Hey David,

I just purchased the steeds shocks and camber plates (I have yet to install). So far I have installed every single suspension component you guys sell from the irs kits to the direct suspension parts. Just saw that these came out. I have two questions for you. Someone told me that the camber plates make a clunking noise when going over speed bumps and turning. Is that true? Second do these make any noise as well?

Thank you!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Hey David,

I just purchased the steeds shocks and camber plates (I have yet to install). So far I have installed every single suspension component you guys sell from the irs kits to the direct suspension parts. Just saw that these came out. I have two questions for you. Someone told me that the camber plates make a clunking noise when going over speed bumps and turning. Is that true? Second do these make any noise as well?

Thank you!
The Steeda camber plates do not make any noises at all. Going over speed bumps or turning. Mine have been on my car since Feb 1 of this year and have been put through the ringer a couple of times in mountain runs, no noises, ever.
Sponsored