• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

SOLD! Steeda AB Exhaust #159-0001

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
***SOLD AND SHIPPED***

Well, I am one silly SOB. I was pretty sure the Steeda AB fit convertibles, but nope - strangely against my normal process of researching stuff into the ground I didn't not confirm before the purchase. (... it was a perfect storm of too quick of a purchase [I was traveling], excitement and a good deal. :D )

My first shop caught it, didn't have the gear for a custom fab, the other shop in the area _is_ a specialty exhaust shop, was a little too vague about cost, and if it winds up being another $250-300 it's probably a better option to just buy the correct product up front and not hack up this nice Steeda product.

It's super clean, the previous owner indicated is was only used for 550 miles. It's Steeda part #159-0001.

And to confirm ... it's for coupes :headbonk:

(assuming you don't want to do a lot of fab work or remove the rear brace)

$350 plus actual shipping, will work out total price with buyer, depending on destination :)

Still good for a local pickup as well: I'm in the North Florida area (St. Aug), but could even meet someone in Jax, OP, down towards Daytona, etc.

OK, one of my big thing with sales, that I think helps prevents people feeling like they were skipped: post your interest in this thread - that is the order I will offer the part, of course, feel free to follow up with a PM, but the posting in the thread is the order I'll follow up - I just think that transparency works better :)

Thanks for looking!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
Consider posting it internationally to Australia? Thanks

Artem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT M/T
Does it drone?

OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Does it drone?
It's my understanding - which is why I purchased it in the first place - it's low-to-no. As I mentioned above, I've had some systems that did drone, and I'm sensitive to it, but based on things I read, this would've really hit the spot for lack of drone and general tone (low, tuned, rumble).

From Steeda:

"Our exclusive axle-back exhaust design improves exhaust flow and is the perfect combination of sound and tone without introducing any unwanted drone since we've incorporated Steeda's proprietary baffle design."

An owner review from Steeda.com:

"I've had mine for a while now. I wish I would have gotten to drive it more lately, but that's another thing. I'm REALLY HAPPY with the sound. Cruises quiet, gets loud when you push it and nice and deep. There is a little drone lugging at low RPM, but that's it."

And note I picked that one because they did say some very mild drone, but I'd imagine that's really chugging at low RPM, and just a small window.

Another review:

"I’m happy to say that other than the normal “drone” that you would hear while driving along, there wasn’t much else going on. Once I got up to speed and was cruising along at 70 MPH, all was well. Nothing too loud, nothing that made me want to poke my eyes out, and I was able to enjoy the sounds of my car rumbling along the highway. Hats off to Steeda for that."

Here's a long install and review thread:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37405

Very positive, plus a decent amount of discussion about cruising and/or drone.

Sponsored

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Potentially interested. Would need to ship to 21209 (Baltimore, MD). I'm going to do some research this evening on sound clips, etc. My only worry is that I do have a Lethal H-pipe/resonator delete right now. I'm guessing that could completely change the sound of these and make them much louder as, being an Axle-back system, they are probably made to rely on the factory resonator.

Anyway, just wanted to post here. I'll do some research and PM you OP. Thx

OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Potentially interested. Would need to ship to 21209 (Baltimore, MD). I'm going to do some research this evening on sound clips, etc. My only worry is that I do have a Lethal H-pipe/resonator delete right now. I'm guessing that could completely change the sound of these and make them much louder as, being an Axle-back system, they are probably made to rely on the factory resonator.

Anyway, just wanted to post here. I'll do some research and PM you OP. Thx
Excellent, yeah, take a look, and listen :D

BTW, someone else had asked for some additional photos, if you'd like those I can send them your way as well.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey! Im semi local and want this! Ill do the 350 meetup this weekend!

Im in Miami so Daytona would be the halfway mark, we could work something out.

I am 100% available and ready to go this weekend.

Let me know!

OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Hey! Im semi local and want this! Ill do the 350 meetup this weekend!

Im in Miami so Daytona would be the halfway mark, we could work something out.

I am 100% available and ready to go this weekend.

Let me know!
Hey, thanks for the interest, I'm 99% sure it's sold, but if anything changes, I'll let you know (and I should know by the end of the day today, if it's sold, I'll update the post)

:cheers: